Sunday, August 26, 2007

No more desserts for awhile!


O.K. Petra maloy has given me a serious workout regime and diet to follow. So I can just kiss all these yummy desserts that I have been eating goodbye until 15 pounds say goodbye. Speaking of desserts the one pictured above I must tell you about. My sister in law's sister (did you follow that?) Made this on pioneer day (more pictures to follow another time on that event). It was unbelieveable. Buttermilk pie and then she made two sauces you could put on it and homemade whipped cream. Of course I needed to try both sauces. One was strawberry and the other a mixed berry. I watched her make them with fresh fruit. Really so yummy. I haven't gotten the recipe yet, but I will share it when I do. Anyway, tonight as I was eating dinner I commented to the Maloys( by the way weren't their talks today in church great?!) who were over for dinner that I felt like I was eating my last supper. So I loaded up. Helped myself to a big piece of chocolate truffle cake and just had some of the yummiest cookies ever that Leilani brought over for our Relief Society Presidency meeting (we missed you AMie). I think maybe something is wrong with me because since I have been Relief Society President since March 2006, i have gone through 2 counselors and a secretary. Yes, that is right. Everyone has been replaced except me. Hmmm... concerning. Really it is just that the primary needed them more than me I guess, at least I hope. Whenever I see these three sisters now I have to hug them because I love and miss them. It really is such a bonding experience serving together. Working to help others. What an opportunity. So tonight we ( the all new but me presidency) had a meeting, and we laughed and talked for 3 1/2 hours (and ate incredible cookies. Ask Leilani for the recipe. They melt in your mouth and I am sure straight down to your thighs. But I am still going to eat another one before I go to bed. You know the diet starts tomorrow right?!!! ha, don't tell Petra. So thanks Leilani, Amy, and Christine. I love you ladies, thanks for being examples of all things good and right in this world.


I just went and checked on my kids and as always I have to try and find Lizzie in what creative space that she invented to sleep in for the night. Tonight I found her in the pack and play. Yes she is almost six and still fit in it. What a nut. oooh just for fun I will share a picture of how cozy and cute she looked in her pajamies saying goodbye to me saturday morning. I was off to do a photo shoot so I whipped out my camera and took a few pictures. Isn't she so yummy still, even at six? Speaking of photo shoots. I did two on Saturday and can't wait to share, but you know I have hours of editing before I can. Also, some exciting news. I committed (after much deliberation) to do a wedding. Remember "the engaged abbotts" from my photography website. I am looking forward to it. Especially doing just the bride and groom shots the week before the wedding. I think it will be so fun, and no pressure of the wedding day. WEll, I am off to eat my cookie and hit the sack. Night.
P.S. Remember Brandon Klippel was doing his first catering job? Well, it was this weekend and they loved his food. He even got a $100 tip from one of the guests! Way to go Brandon! I told you he was good. Dave thinks it is because he was wearing a chef jacket that he convinced him that he needed to buy and wear. ha

5 comments:

Amie said...

UGH! I missed out on cookies?? Really, you guys are already having so much fun without me.

I miss you too! We'll have together for a healthy treat some time. ;)

hilary said...

Hurry and edit the pictures! I want to see!!!!!!!!!!!

Kendra said...

Heather, I feel your pain! I am trying to stick to a diet. I'm not doing a great job. Seeing that picture of the pie on your blog every time I open it is not helping either! lol. We need a support group!

Kendra

Jaime said...

Hey thanks alot for sharing your Paradise Bakery story!! Guess where I ended up on Monday afterenoon??? yep, I can't stand the thought of all those choc chip cookies calling my name...SAD!!
Amen on that support group!!

Anonymous said...

think of your visit to Illinois as the "cleansing week" and we will jump start the sugar detoxifying....hahahahaha (that was an evil laugh!) Welcome to my world of protein pudding for dessert, and sadly, I LOVE it! (sugar/fat free pudding mix, scoop of protein powder(vanilla or choc) & skim milk in blender- with banana slices or Cool Whip free)yummy!