Saturday, August 18, 2007

Missing You Kelsie



It was so much fun to have another daughter this summer. My niece Kelsie. One of the things she really wanted to do was go to temple square in Salt Lake city. She went with us last summer and loved it so much. First we met up with some sister missionaries and had a tour. They were so sweet, and had such a strong spirit with them. We were all bawling the whole time we were with them.





After our tour we met up with more cousins to go and see the Joseph Smith movie, where we cried more. The smallest boy on the far right in this picture is my nephew Ian. He is an intense serious boy, who is exactly like my lawyer brother (his Dad) Brett. During the movie as the mobs were tar and feathering Joseph Smith he was so upset he was muttering to the movie with his angry serious face, "you stupid idiots, that's Joseph Smith!" He has a little language problem from being around my brother (who does as well). He always gets in trouble when he uses this phrase but dang it if it wasn't the cutest to see him so devoted to the prophet, and so upset at his mistreatment. this picture is so classic. Really shows all their personalities. You should have seen everyone staring at me alone with all these kids. I was in Utah where large families aren't so out of the ordinary, and I think that people thought they were all mine. After the movie we went and took pictures in the spot where the bride and groom pictures are always taken. The girls wanted one showing their excitement and anticipation for their wedding day in the temple (hence the first photo). Look closely and you will see the boys trying to run into the picture on the right. Love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I must have found you through Kelly's site. Lucky me! Love your photos, so many great ones to look at every time!

hilary said...

I miss her too! When is she going to come visit again??

Anonymous said...

THE KIDS SITTING TOGETHER ON THE BENCH, LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE A NORMAN ROCKWELL PAINTING. ESPECIALLY ALEX SO APPEALINGLY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST, SITTING RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. LIKE THE LAST SUPPER MAYBE. INCREDIBLE.
UNO HOO

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous pics. kelsie is a hottie!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photo of the girls in front of the temple! So fun!