Monday, August 20, 2007

GOOD PeopLe

I know so many good people. People that bring light and goodness into my life, and the life of my family. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and so sad by the horrible things that people do in this world. But than I am given hope when I come in contact with good people, like the ones pictured here to the right. So I am going share some of their goodness with you so that you have hope too. Meet Jerry and Kelly Grant. When we first moved here they were in our ward. We discovered that we both had moved from the same stake in Oregon. Most people are scared off by our five kids. Not them. They invited us over for dinner, as well as the Maughn family. They are the type of people who reach out to others. Who really care about people. Whatever they do, they do well. They haven't been members of our church all their lives. Kelly went to an adventist college, but she had more questions than they could answer. Her conversion story is really neat, you will have to ask her about it. I admire her love of service and helping others. Her husband is the same. I love how organized they are. I am always attracted to really organized, disciplined, and motivated people. I guess I am hoping it will be contagious and rub off on me. Mostly I am thankful for their friendship. Every time I see them they greet us with these beautiful smiles. I know they care about us and appreciate our friendship and that makes me feel so good. So thank you KElly and Jerry. Thanks for inviting us and the Maughns over again this Sunday and for your warm hospitality. Even letting us celebrate Jacob's birthday! We love you guys and think you are amazing people who make this world a better place!


Kelly making us yummy assemble your own taco salad!


Our favorite son with our favorite cake from Fry's grocery store, a strawberry shortcake. Try it , it is incredible!

4 comments:

Amie said...

Kelly looks so good here!

Christine said...

I just love when good people find their way into our lives. DJ and I feel that way about your guys. He was just saying that the only regret he has bout our house is that it's not really an entertaining type place. So we'll have to pick a day and just invite you to dinner in your house and we'll bring the goods. Me thinks lasagna and cesar salad. Yummmmm.

heather said...

sounds fabulous Christine. and p.s. I am your sister and you can come lay on my bed and talk any time!!!

Anonymous said...

so that's where you were on jakes bday! did you get our singing message?