Friday, August 24, 2007

Funny True Story!

Ok here's the deal. I am addicted to paradise bakery. It has been one of the best things about living in Arizona, and they just built one literally down the street. So needless to say Dave and I have been there about 4 times in the past week. So Dave and I ran into Target tonight to get some things and ran into Natalie and Ryan. All it took was Ryan saying how he tried one of their lemon cookies and it was so good. Right then and there I knew I needed to have one. After laughing for an hour in the aisle with them (you guys are so fun!!!!), we excused ourselves, made our purchases and booked it over to paradise bakery. People sweeping inside wasn't a good sign, but I was not to be deterred. We parked and walked up. As we did, a guy who worked there (Antonio the baker, come to find out) was walking out with a drink and a paradise bakery bag. I asked, "are they closed." With a look of understanding he let me know they closed at nine (20 minutes before). I said, "that's ok I will just take what you have there in the bag (with a smile and a laugh). He said, "really you can have some, I have like a lifetime supply, I am a baker here." I replied with a half hearted no, that's ok, but then I just had to ask what he had in that bag. Chocolate chippers he said happily. oooohhh I joyfully said with a hop and a clapping hands. (I know you can see that in your mind Christine, I love a good treaty). I caved I couldn't resist. I expected him to hand me one, but he gave me the whole dang bag. I didn't want to be rude and look in I just thanked him profusely, told him he did a very good deed, shook his hand, asked his name, and said I would be back in to see him soon! I jumped back in the car a happy girl. When I got home I opened the bag and found two quiches and about 5 dozen cookies. A jackpot! So the lesson of this my friends is... never be afraid to ask, and be sure to smile smile smile, people respond well to enthusiasm and appreciation. Thanks Antonio!!! I will definitely ask Heavenly Father to send some goodness your way for your generosity to a middle aged woman having a chocolate craving. I am off to get a glass of milk and enjoy the spoils. I think I have convinced Dave to watch "The man from Snowy River" with me. I know gals, it's a good night.





12 comments:

hilary said...

Oh my goodness! I want some!

Ashley said...

You crack me up. Don't little things like that just make your day? I love your blog, it's inspiring.

Ashley said...

And not on just how to get free stuff :)

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

That looks like heaven in a paper bag. Yum!

Amie said...

whoa.....yummy yummy yummies!!

Kendra said...

Heather, I love you! You totally crack me up! Good things come to good people, and you are definitley one of the best!

Syndi said...

Heather, did they have this bakery in Cali??? I used to go to one called the Paradise Bakery and they specialized in jumbo cookies and crustless quiche muffins and lemonade..Yummy..Enjoy!

Jaime said...

Yummmmm... those look so good. I'm sad to say I haven't visited our new PB yet, might just have to go today!!

Anonymous said...

hhmmmmm...smiles..free, delicious food from an italian man named antonio...sounds like i taught you well...ciao!!!! la tua nunzia :)

Anonymous said...

yummy! enjoy it now, cuz when you get here it is PROTEIN & excercise time!!!! hahahaha

Natalie said...

what a score! those look sooo yummy! we may have to go hang out there sometime (after hours of course!) :)

Monika said...

Great story!! My dad always told me, the worst someone can say is "No". Looks like you are as blessed as many of us... and I LOVE "The Man from Snowy River" -- I hope your hubby enjoyed it with you!