Thursday, August 23, 2007

guilt free scrapbooking, is there such a thing?

Ok. so the kids are back in school, and it is quiet around here, and I have this lucious creative space, and 10 years worth of supplies I never use! So guess what, I am making it a priority to scrapbook and not feel guilty about it! I just have such a hard time thinking that I could or should be helping someone instead of cutting and glueing things. It seems so frivolous and silly when compared to visiting someone who is lonely or needs help. The key for me is to find a balance. I try to do service, scripture study, exercise, cleaning, time with kids, time with hubby, and a little fun time for me every day. It is just so easy to keep going with the fun time when you are all by yourself all day. ha ha. I know Dave is so jealous and wishes he were home with me. He says I am in early retirement. I tell him I am just management now. So anyway, my goal is one or two pages a day. Here are some of the few I have done lately. I am way into textured rick rack lately, I love it! I also love to use fabric, paint, and chip board letters. So hope you enjoy these. I will try to keep sharing.
this one below is one of my alltime favorite. I love simple simple and great colors. And of course I am so loving ric rack right now!!!!! 2 page layout the first above the second below

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GLOR IN ONLY ONE MORE WEEK! DO YOU HAVE ANY BIG PLANS!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO? I AM SURE YOU WILL MAKE ME PLAY TENNIS. i BETTER GO PRACTICE! HA HA


4 comments:

Amie said...

These are so good...The first picture of Leah (?) is so cute and look how gorgeous Lizzy is in the second one!! I like that simple one of the I LOVE YOU with all the kids, so fun, and the temple pics are gorgeous.

One or two a day!? WoW! Good luck, you can do it!

Anonymous said...

ooo my favorite is the one of lizzie

Jaime said...

Those are Great!! I wish I could whip pages like that out in 1-2 hours!!

Natalie said...

I love that picture of Leah (I'm guessing)! So cute! Great pages! I'm going to take notes and make sketches! :)