Monday, June 11, 2007

Today at the library

One of my favorite summer memories when I was little was going to the library. I grew up in Southern California and it got pretty hot in the summer and we didn't have air conditioning. It was the best feeling in the world to walk into the freezing cold library. As I saw Rachel today browsing all the books it totally took me back. My mom would go off and look for books and I was left to browse on my own. I loved to stand over the air conditioning vent (they were on the floor). Then I would take all my books to a table and read them. Just like Leah down below. It was so relaxing to be in a place where it was quiet, cool, and calm. My life at home wasn't always that. To this day I love to go to the library, especially during the summer! I hope that I have instilled that love in my children too. Who can resisit a room full of books. Not me. I have library fines to prove it. In fact we had to search all of our cards for the one with the smallest amount of fines. I know Dad you are cringing at that one. Too many memories of having to pay mom's fines before you could check out a book. ha ha



i love how Lizzie's face is all red from the heat. We were out playing tennis at the park before we got there. She thought this was pretty cool.


of course Rachel can't be content with the normal use for things, and I turn around and she has Lizzie trying it out a new way. SO HER!!!!!











the oh so fabulous result.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i shall visit the library today. maybe that's why i like it so much- no one is supposed to talk to me.

Anonymous said...

awesome. i have the same wonderful memories of the Taft Library....remember the 70s carpeted open stairway? btw...jake golfed & swam today, and we are off to more fun!