Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED

tHE truth is I have been tagged many many times, but I never do it. I can never think of 7 odd things about me that everybody doesn't already know. So determined to finally respond on the latest tagging, I asked my kids what were some things unique to me. BAD IDEA. Leah offered that I look different without makeup on. RAchel that I look like a witch with my pointy chin and nose. And they just go down hill from there. So again, never ask your kids. That kind of honesty I can do without. Anyway. My 7 items are going to take seven posts (I just don't do things fast.) So here we go.
#1. I am obsessive at times. No secret there. But one of the things I just can't keep my fingers off of are loose teeth. My children are aware of this and stay clear of me. I beg them to let me just wiggle it. Promising I won't pull it out. But inevitably, I will do one hard push. CAse and point on this first picture. Leah just lost her first tooth yesterday (thanks to me I might add, ha). They start out teary eyed and mad after I do that. Then it is the endless looking at it and playing with it (pictures 2&3). The whole family usually is involved in this process. Then the final outcome. Either they get brave enough to do the final pull, or they succumb to my need to pull it out.





But it always ends in this way. Smiling and so excited that they lost a tooth, and can't wait for the tooth fairy to come. The tooth fairy is a whole other story. Why can't she ever remember! Either someone responsible (like Jacob) covers for me, or I end up throwing it behind the bed and having them look to see if it just slipped out while they were sleeping. We really do have the slickest sheets around. ha ha. That is what happened this morning since Jacob is out of town. ha


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should have been a dentist! i am afraid of loose teeth! how long is that cute little boy going to stay with you? is his brother terminally ill? that is very kind of you to let him be a part of your family for the time being. ciao!