Thursday, June 28, 2007

Do you RememBEr?


Do you remember this age? So in between. Still a little girl but changing. It is exciting at times, but then so scary at times. Wanting to snuggle in your mom's arms like a baby sometimes and then wanting to really stretch your wings and act older sometimes. That is RAchel. Still such a little girl but a budding young woman. So cheesy to say budding. ha. but so true. Her emotions really fluctuate. She is really affected by things. This book for instance that she is reading. After she finished reading it at 11:30 one night she came down and was sobbing. She wanted to change the ending. The harshness of life was killing her. That was so me (and still is). I want to still be innocent of evil and protected by a parent, and not know of all the bad in the world. That is what we discussed. She was crying the whole time. First about the bad people, and than about the good. She went on and on about how good Brother and Sister Swainston are in our ward. How much she loves them and the feeling of goodness that she has when she is around them. Sister Swainston is her primary teacher, and her husband is in the bishop bric. I understand . i love them too. I could cry about it too. We hugged, and cried and I told her the scripture that always comforts me. Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." This is one of my favorite scriptures. This is what keeps me going. The hope of a better world. To be with God and everything will be good and perfect. No more evil, no more contention. Just love, and happiness. So I will keep having faith and always abounding in good works, and creating my own little peace of heaven on earth in my home and as far as I can stretch my influence. I hope I can teach my children this. They have some tough times ahead. It can be hard to be an adult. But for now, I just want to let them enjoy as much as possible the wonderful feeling of being completely safe at home and with their family. Where I can protect them and work on their armor for when they have to go 0ut and face the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your daughter is a true GEM! you are so blessed!
and you are such an awesome mother!!!thanks for the inspiration as i try to mold and teach my 2 young daughters.
tara

Anonymous said...

is rachel wearing those sunglasses to hide her tears? what is the book called? i think it is neat that both you and she can express your feelings and show some emotion while doing so. i also like how you used a scripture to support it. oh, i could use some mothering tips these days...i could totally see you as a traveling speaker in time out for women!!! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for the uplift! needed it today. i feel that way about the world sometimes too. that's why i love church and the temple and my cozy so much.

Anonymous said...

make that my cozy HOUSE so much...dallen was asking me a question.