Sunday, June 17, 2007

happy father's day DAD!


(the other half of the layout is down below, click on it to enlarge and read journaling).

Here is a scrapbook layout that I did recently on my Dad. A tradition that we all love! He was good with traditions. Family softball, our two weeks every summer that we planned and planned for. He lived for those two weeks. We loved going to kmart (or Kfart, as he called it, and pic-n-save or pic-your-nose was right next door). He would get us flip flops, new coloring books and crayons, shorts. Whatever we could prove that we really needed for the trip. Usually our trip was to the sierras. One week at Grant Lake and one week in Tahoe. A tradition that we all still carry on. Who could forget ice-creams at the silver lake store. I know my siblings are smiling as they read this reveling in the memory. My dad ( and mom) always had a new hobby they were pursuing and would teach us all. One year racquetball, one year tennis, water skiing, motorcycling, snow skiing, golf, ping pong, bowling. Pretty much every sport. That is how I later impressed the guys I dated. ha. Thanks dad. Depending on your age in the family you missed out learning some hobbies. Being in the middle I pretty much got them all. Lucky me. Now my Dad works on the grand kids. He has them all playing disc golf, the latest thing he is into, since he is such an old man now. ha ha. The cool thing is he was always looking to learn new things, and enjoy life to the max. Something our husbands may have learned too late. ha ha. We like to play! Anyway, thanks dad, for working so hard, and being so fun! I'll whoop you at tennis this summer. Love, your seemingly sweet and innocent heather.


ps. do you see where I get my big round eyes?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum!!! i love in and out burger too! your dad's buns look so round and smooth. (his hamburger buns, silly :) ) what a great way to tell your dad happy father's day. ciao.

Amie said...

what sweet memories of your daddy! great layout