Tuesday, February 05, 2008

UGH!

I feel sick. I forgot to vote, amongst other things. I mean, I really feel sick about it! It really is hard to live with myself sometimes. ugh. I did remember to make my kids lunch, wash a load of whites so I have underwear (dang, I need to go put them in the dryer), help take dinner to a family that has sick kids and one in the hospital, visit a woman who needed friendship, and a million other little things. But I didn't remember to go and vote. I am so ashamed. This is even worse than the first election that I was able to vote in. I had just turned 18, and I was so excited that I got to vote. I studied all the candidates, all the issues, and marched ready with my list down to vote at my neighbors house. What a sense of pride I felt. Especially since I had really done my homework and was making such educated and well thought out choices. It wasn't until about a 1/2 hour after I returned from voting that I realized that I hadn't voted for a vice president, among other things. I realized in all of my nervousness and excitement I had only voted on one side of the ballot. How ridiculous i felt, but not as ridiculous as I feel now. And this is how I realized it. DAve walks in at 7:05pm and asks, "Did you vote?" In a panic, I ask when the polls close. Dave in his normal calm and cool manner replies, "At 7pm." UGH!!! a million times over. The only thing that would make me feel worse right now is if someone calls or comments and says that the polls were open until 8pm. In fact, please don't even tell me if they were. Poor Mitt. I am sure my one vote will have made all the difference. I think maybe I need to go to the doctor. I left my car running with the keys in all through church (ok and one other time this past week). JUst commit me now!!!!!!!

8 comments:

G-rant said...

COMMENT

Anonymous said...

a little too much on your plate perhaps????

Anonymous said...

i don't know if we can be friends anymore.........

Anonymous said...

i think i can guess where we are on the cycle.....

Amie said...

Don't feel so bad! You do have a bit going on right now. Don't be afraid to let some non-essential things go!

I was really lucky I was able to vote--didn't think I was going to be able to, almost called you to see if you'd watch my kids!--but I drove around for 30 minutes going to the wrong places, all with two little kids in tow before my other two were due home from school. Once I finally found the school, I was in and out in 10 minutes, but man, I almost missed it.

Toni said...

Next time you should order an early ballot online. That's what I do so I don't even have to stand in line at the polls. It comes right to you in the mail, you fill it out and either mail it in or just drop it off at a polling place on election day. Really easy, no hassle, and you'd have it in front of you to help you remember :)

Anonymous said...

i was laughing so hard at this because i can totally tell that you are on the down swing of your hormonal cycle. what's life without a little crazy right?

Kendra said...

You can blame it on me. I totally had the thought, several times, to send out an email reminding all my friends to vote and I did not do it. I feel bad. I feel responsible for your missed opportunity.

Take heart. You can still vote in the general elaction. Sadly, Mitt would have needed A LOT more than your vote to pull it off.

At leat you feel bad you didn't vote. Most people don't vote and don't care!