Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Leah Love




Pictured above is one of the nuttiest, and funniest kids you will ever meet. My daughter Leah. She isn't trying to be funny. In fact she often gets upset that we laugh at the things that she says. She takes life very seriously and tries very hard, I think that is a part of why she is so funny. She is always talking seriously about things and these things usually have a letter or two wrong in them. Examples from the last few days are vinder instead of binder. She is going to "fade out" which meant faint. She announced at dinner that she learned a new word "steadecki". We couldn't figure out what she was trying to say, and told her that wasn't a word. She than explained, "you know, when your hair is sticking up after you rub it?" She meant Static-y. Which isn't a word for something that has static either, but we understood than what she meant. She just hears things differently. And the list goes on and on. Everything is off by a letter or two. Above she is singing her heart out at Christmas time in her own world wearing her absolutely favorite shirt. She tries to wear it every day. Also above is a letter that she wrote to me at church last sunday. Do your kids do this? During sacrament meeting my kids are sending me non stop notes. Usually about how much they love dave and I. I guess that shows they are feeling the spirit. smile. I think this one in particular is so precious. It shows her serious thinking as well. She is very serious about the gospel as well. She tries to run Family home evening every week. She always has a lesson planned, and ready to go. Crack me up. Leah is also very fond of food. This morning I heard her asking Dave at 9:30 am for a sandwich and chips. She had already moved on to lunch. Food is very important to her and she loves to eat healthy. She is very devoted to the cause of stopping diabetes since she had an assembly about it in school. She has been talking about it for months. She is always wanting me to donate more money to the cause. I told her we are fighting diabetes by eating healthy. I mostly love Leah's pure heart. You can see it in her eyes. I hope she never loses her desire to do what is right. I love this girl.

4 comments:

heather said...

i think that is very special to me. I will always remember it, and that shirt is my favorite shirt. Polka dots are better than stripes. i loved it.-(dictated to me by Leah)

Toni said...

I love this girl too! She sure does brighten up my primary class :)

Rachel Hess said...

that's funny!

Anonymous said...

we love leah!