Wednesday, February 20, 2008

on a lighter note

These are a couple of the little luxuries of life that I love. Sometimes I just have to splurge. Above is the greatest toilet paper on earth. It even has aloe in it. Below are crisco sticks. The greatest invention ever for a girl that loves to make chocolate chip cookies, but hates cleaning up a crisco mess. Again, it comes down to this pampering business that I am so into. Ok ok, you can call it spoiled. Is it wrong to want to be spoiled? Growing up the budget was really tight on food and household, so my parents could afford some extras for their kids like violin, and piano lessons. Which means the cheapest hardest toilet paper, the worst tasting toothpaste, and gross frozen orange juice. Not to say that I was unhappy about it. I was happy as a lark! You don't need name brands to be happy. But sheesh, it is a good thing that I didn't know what I was missing. I don't think I can ever go back after drinking Tropicana freshly squeezed orange juice. It is like heaven! My upbringing has just given me a greater appreciation for the little luxuries in life. I relish every one with such enthusiam that it makes me glad that I didn't always have them and take them for granted. If I could pick one word that describes my life it is Comfort. It makes me feel so safe and happy and grateful. It is the first thing I pray about and thank Heavenly Father for every night...that I am safe in a cozy bed, in a cozy house, with my cozy family. So many in this world suffer for the basic necessites of life. How blessed and grateful I am to have all that I need and more. I am so very very grateful, and hope that I am always found giving whatever I have to those in need. I am pretty sure I begged Heavenly Father to not come down to earth until they had invented air conditioning, and other modern conveniences. Oh man, I am spoiled aren't I?
p.s. fyi this kind of toilet paper I have only found at Walmart. The crisco sticks are cheapest there too.

3 comments:

Amie said...

Yeah, spoiled is a good word for it! (But at least you're willing to share!)

Anonymous said...

you're on a "roll" posting!

Anonymous said...

you crack me up! do you buy your tropicana oj with calcium? we do (at costco) but i heard someone once say that the oj tasted better without the calcium??? just curious! love, nancy
ps how come you never e-mail me????