Friday, February 08, 2008

Savoring this

Nothing warms my heart like seeing my kids help one another. One of Lizzie's new year resolutions was to learn to ride her bike without her training wheels. I know, I know, she is 6 and Rachel taught herself at three. But she is the baby. I guess I shouldn't tell you her other goals are to learn to tie her shoes and read. ha. Anyway, Jacob volunteered to help her and they made plans for the next afternoon. It was the cutest thing ever. Jacob made her feel so important to have such a serious goal. Lizzie's face says it all. Pure joy and satisfaction. Jacob ran right along side her the whole time encouraging her. AAHHHH. The moments we savor.

5 comments:

Jesika said...

That picture is so adorable! The expressions on both of their faces is priceless. Pure joy for both of them! What a life lesson they have learned! Accomplishing a goal and helping one to achieve their goal. It just makes me happy! :o)

Anonymous said...

After reading this I had my girls come and read it out loud to me. Sarah exclaimed, "You mean that's our Lizzie riding her bike without training wheels?" Thanks Jacob for being such a great big brother and super role model for my Anna.

Love you,

lisa

Anonymous said...

jacob is such a good boy! can't wait to see you all!

Kendra said...

I just love Jacob. I wish I had a daughter closer to his age. I would seriously be trying to arrange a marriage!

pakosta said...

tell her NOT to feel bad!
my daughter learned to ride her bike at 6.5 years old and she is my OLDEST! and the other one will be 7 this summer and i am HOPING she learns to ride by then LOL!>
and neither of them can tie their shoes!!!
reading they actually have been doing since age 4 and 5, that's the ONE thing they are great at LOL>>>>>>>>>
oh well! she's the baby it's all good!
tara