Monday, February 18, 2008

If you know me.....

If you really know me, you know that I love to be cozy in one of my cozy robes (I have a small fetish for robes). I am not a morning person. If I could, I would always spend every morning this way, at home, cozy of course, with a cup of hot cocoa. I especially love to have that hot cocoa in this particular mug. I bought this mug at a very wonderful place to me, and to my family. The place is the little store at fallen leaf lake. A place I will always love. Let me share with you why.Fallen Leaf Lake is one of the many small lakes in the Lake Tahoe area. We go to Lake Tahoe at least once a year. My Dad lives there and before my parents moved there in 1989 we went to Tahoe almost every summer for our family vacation. Tahoe is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth. It really smells good there too. How could it not, look at all those pines. There are so many places in the Tahoe area that have become our favorite spots that we have to visit every time we go. This is one of them. It is a small one way tiny road that takes you to this lake and until recently there have only been homes there of families that have passed them down for generations. The old store wasn't this big new fancy building pictured above. The old store on the lake that we used to come to is the one that Meg Ryan in city of Angels goes to buy some things right before she is killed (sorry if you haven't seen the movie. I am afraid I just ruined it for you. ha). I am not complaining about the new one though. We always come and get an ice-cream and sit on the porch and enjoy the beautiful, and peaceful view. We than take a look at the falls that are nearby and walk around. If it is hot and earlier in the day we may plan an afternoon of it, and I read a book while the kids play. Although I rarely can keep my attention to the book. Watching my children in this magical place usually wins out. Pure joy for me. Let me share some of the things that I see.













This i love.

7 comments:

Amie said...

It looks so warm and inviting right now!

Jaime said...

ahhh... Those are the best memories, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite post you've ever done. you should make a wall in your house a million frames of all tahoe playing pictures from all different years. these ones are awesome!

Christine said...

Tahoe is one of the top three things I miss about CA, these photos made me want to take a road trip so bad this summer -smile-

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog--love this post. I grew up visiting South Lake Tahoe every summer of my life--my grandparents lived there. I have great memories of Fallen Leaf lake, Angora Lake and Pope Beach. Thanks for sharing-I miss that cold water!

Anonymous said...

thanks to you, visiting lake tahoe is a place i would LOVE to visit. does your dad have room for eight??? do you know ben rogers? he is from tahoe. he has six siblings and he is in our ward. he is super nice. i love how the sunlight is dancing on the water. che bell' mondo! love, nancy

Nicole said...

i just found your blog and this post is so heart warming! I too enjoy a good robe and a good cup of hot chocolate! Your photos are amazing!