Friday, January 18, 2008

The comfort of a true friend

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort, of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts, or measure words---but pouring them all right out--just as they are--chaff and grain together--certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them--keep what is worth keeping--and with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.

Dina Marie Mulock

This poem was sent to me today by my dear friend Nancy. She loves poetry and most of my favorite poems are ones that she has introduced me to. Thanks Nancy for being this kind of friend for me. Ti voglio bene.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo...that is a good one. Gave me goose bumps and made me grateful for great friends! Thanks for sharing Heather.

Anonymous said...

that makes her my sister too-yay! Where does she find all the cool poetry?

Anonymous said...

cara heather--once again...you are far too kind to me. i am glad that you liked this poem. i am going to have to find or write a poem that describes our first meeting. (on earth that is :)) do you think it will make barry jealous?? ;) xoxo