Thursday, January 17, 2008

My favorite this morning

(click on the picture to see these eyes up close. Wait until you see them in color!)
Whenever I am editing a photo shoot I get so excited! Each image is my favorite, until of course I edit the next image. I just love doing this! I am especially drawn to children and their beauty. Their eyes just draw me in. I love eyes. My favorite pictures are when they are the focal point. They really are the window to the soul. And children's souls are so pure. Added to their purity are other things depending on the child. In some there is sweetness, in others compassion. Others are sparkly and spunky. Others serious and sincere. I love them all. They are all perfect and beautiful in my eyes. The love that children radiate is one of the most wonderful things on this earth. Keeping that purity is the hard part.
One of my dearest friends, Nancy has 6 beautiful children and she is one of the best moms I have ever seen. Her oldest boy and second child has autism. He can not speak and is pretty much in his own world. Every time I talk with Nancy on the phone she has new "Grant stories". They can not take their eye off him for one minute. I am so filled with compassion for my friend when I speak to her and I can't help but say, "How do YOU DO IT?! I don't think I would be so happy and patient like you are." Her reply is always the same. "Are you kidding? He is the only child of mine that I don't have to worry about. He will make it for sure back to Heavenly Father." In other words, he will keep that purity that I am talking about. (Isn't she awesome!!!! I love you so much NANCY!) After hearing of her recent struggles with him, (they are comical if it isn't you dealing with them) I said to her, "Just think of after this life when Grant is whole and perfect. What joy you will have and what gratitude he will have for you. " When I told Dave what I said, his comment was, "When they see who Grant is, and how he changed their life and kept them on the right track they will probably be thanking him." All I have to say is, "where would we be without an eternal perspective? How would we deal with all the difficulties in life?" I am just so thankful that I do know about the gospel of Jesus Christ and that the Holy Ghost truly has confirmed to me that without a doubt it is true. That we really did live before we came here. We are the sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father that loves us beyond anything that we can comprehend. That this earth was created for us, to gain a body, to have these experiences, and to show our Heavenly Father that we will obey Him and have faith. I just can't wait for everything to be perfect again. I like perfect. I like everyone being happy, and everything clean and perfect. A mix between "MONK" (have you seen that show?) and Pollyanna. ha ha. Anyway, I just started out wanting to share this picture that I love above of Darla's little nephew and than off I went. Can't wait to show the rest! So have a perfect day! I think I will. I got up and read scriptures with Dave and prayed, was a nice mom for my kids this morning. Went to a kickbox class and I just called Dave and got permission to go to IKEA!! (in other words permission to buy some things). WOO-HOO! I told him that I like this scripture thing. It softens him up. Makes him weak to my beggings. ha ha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but he needs to be strong to your beggings.
i love that picture!
and i know, can't you not even wait to talk to alex after this life. "papa..." i wonder if she'll have those huge eyes!

Kendra said...

Hee Hee! I love you Heather! I also love your kids. OH MY WORD! They were cracking me up in the car today! Jacob is such a mix of you and Dave. Rachel IS such the little mother. The three little ones are HILARIOUS! That was an awesome experience! You'll have to tell me about all the fun stuff you got at IKEA. By the way, don't you just love how HONEST children are? They always love to talk about their parents. Your children are very honest. ;-)

Anonymous said...

heather, you are too kind. thanks for boosting my spirits and complimenting me on my mothering skills. i think that YOU are an amazing mother. spent a good portion of yesterday reading an old journal and came across several entries where i had spent time with you and dave. (good old md days) they are sweet memories and i am glad i wrote them down because i wouldn't have remembered! have a great weekend dear friend.