Tuesday, January 22, 2008

something new!

I have been wanting to try some new locations that I have had my eye on. Do something more funky. I always have ready models so yesterday Rachel and I headed out for some fun together. I don't think I have ever taken my kids out around here and done a photo shoot. I need to do that. I couldn't get Jacob to come with me. He is next! I have some fun ideas. I love the smiling tin figure in the background. Love the colors. and of course love my model the best! We got lots of cat calls from people driving by (we weren't in the best area of town. ha ha).

Other fun things I am up to are......
Redocorating and updating the kids bedrooms. i can't wait to share. They are turning out soooo sooo cute. Rachel was wanting to add high energy bright colors, more teenager. I think these pictures will work in her room. Ikea was definitely the place to find fun accents for cheap too! This kind of thing is top on my most fun things to do in life. I spent alot of yesterday cleaning out bedrooms. How do kids do it?! How is it possible for me to take out hefty bags full of trash and goodwill? I really need to do this more often. Less is definitely more. You find really neat things at the bottom of kids drawers too. Jacob's collection of notes from girls is always entertaining. And now I know where all the girls ballet slippers have gone! It was like Christmas for Rebecca just moving her bed and finding all kinds of treasures. See, we are still in the Christmas spirit over here. Decorations and all. It is starting to get embarassing though when poeple come over. ha ha.
This morning I started a new violin student. It was so much fun. I don't have time in the afternoons to teach kids (for obvious reasons), but an adult during the day. PerFECT! So, I am doing my goal of always having one student. There are so many great things to do in life. It is so hard to pick and choose. My viola and cello (and violin for that matter) are just gathering dust. I need to work some time into my schedule for music. I need to start taking piano again. I really could be more productive I am sure of it!! What a laugh. I am really enjoying getting up with Dave to read and pray. Makes a big differnce, and so does exercise for me. I can definitely do better in the eating dept. Since I ate chocolate yesterday and for FHE dessert lemon blueberry cheesecake. But seriously, how could I pass up lemon blueberry cheesecake I ask you? Moderation. I still lost weight this week, and my goal is only a pound a week. Very doable for even me!
Well, I am off to cozy my daugher who is home sick, and make some lunch. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE those! esp. the last one- so cool, love her shadow

Rachel Hess said...

me too!
... THIS IS RACHEL JOHNSTON...
just so u know =D

Stacy said...

your photo's are amazing. so what not wonderfuly part of town were you shooting in? it did make for some really great pix.

fyi I am friends with Natalie and so I snoop your blog cause of the awesomely rad photos.

heather said...

i LOVE SNOOPERS STACY! I was shooting in el mirage. Not with a gun, a camera. ha

Anonymous said...

rachel is so beautiful!!! love her cute outfits and fun poses and the bright colors! i also love how it looks warm there--no fair!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the red/yellow, and how it captures rachel's clothing style...perfect for her. good girl, scriptures and excercise! my new year's resolutions started yesterday. wish me luck!

Heather S :o) said...

Work it Rachel!!! :D Great pics Sista Ives! I love Rachel's outfit, too!

Kendra said...

Those pictures are beautiful! How fun to have vibrant pitures like that as accessories in her new teenage room. I can't wait to see pics of all the kid's rooms when you are done!