Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Home Again, home again, jiggidy jig.

this is where we have been. Cozy at my Dad's house in Tahoe.
This picture was taken Christmas day after opening presents and our belly's were full. My Dad with his dog Bettis. What a pair. Crack me up. We were always bugging my dad for snoring anytime we were watching t.v. that combined with Bettis passing gas was almost too much. ha ha. I have spent the majority of Christmas vacation in my pajamas and eating sugary foods. Time to get back to real life. Back to a schedule, the gym, and regular meals. I mean when school gets back in next monday. ha. I still have some partying left in me. I am thinking up some really great goals for the new year and trying to hurry and finish some of my projects that I wanted to get done in 2007. Like put all of my recipes on the computer on my cook'n program. I have lots more to share. I am not ready for the holidays to be over and in protest, I refuse to take down my Christmas tree! It just makes me too happy. Here Jacob is playing his new harry potter game for the Wii system that we got this Christmas. Very fun. There have been alot of sore arms around here from playing bowling, tennis, and boxing.
ps. Nice buns Leah. She is getting quite meaty. She is making us laugh every day with her obsession with meals. She insisted that when she ate at 4:30 last night it was lunch and at 6:30 she needed dinner. After breakfast one day she wanted to eat again because she felt that she had missed dinner the night before. Too funny. Jacob has taken to calling her porkchop. Why do brothers insist on teasing? I let her know that her figure is absolutely darling and perfect, but no more thirds at meals. ha ha. I need to show some restraint as well. But again, I am not quite done with my holidays. I still had to try all of these cupcakes today that Jenn who I visit teach gave me. She has been down in Beverly Hills the past two months training at "Sprinkles" which is a cupcake store. She is the manager for the one opening up at the end of this month in Scottsdale. THey are sinfully delicious. The red velvet was my favorite of this batch. The frosting was extraordinary. Aren't they pretty? I can't wait until the store opens. I definitely will be visiting teaching often! ha ha! Jenn also is a chef. Can you tell that I do the visiting teaching assignments. smile. Thank you Jenny!!!!!

9 comments:

Heather S :o) said...

Did Rachel have fun???? That cabin sure does look "cozy"!!! I loovvee how you can take perfect pictures of things!! Whenever I try to take normal pictures, it turns out blurry cuz I move my hand or something like that!! Happy New Year!!

hilary said...

i love leah. she is so cute and funny

hilary said...

and tell jacob that if he keeps making fun of her he's gonna get beat up
haha

Christine said...

Looks so lovely and cozy like with that heavenly snow. Ahhhh I miss the L.T. winters, but I do love our flip-flop way of life down here. Glad you had a great time! Happy New year :-)

Syndi said...

I'm with you on still celebrating and living in my pj's..Not ready to take down my tree and I'm still baking..Those cupcakes look Awesome:)

Kendra said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those cupcakes look heavenly! I have been living in my PJ's too, and I am refusing to take down my tree. Mostly because I don't want to take it all apart and put it away!

I'm glad you had fun at your dad's house. I miss white Christmases. I'm glad you're all home safe and sound. I love you Heather, even though I'm not your VT any more! LOL! :-)

I think Jenn should do a cupcake class for RS!

Anonymous said...

I almost choked with laughter when I saw Dad and Bettis! Did you put the hat on him???? ho ho ho

Amie said...

Hey, being the RS pres has its perks! =)

Jaime said...

It is so fun to go enjoy the snow and then come home to our 70 degree weather! We just returned from Idaho and man it was cold, I too am a wimp when it comes to playing in the snow for long periods of time. Fun times!