Monday, January 14, 2008

I like this.


"Two wolves live inside each of us," the old Indian said to two young men who had come to hear his wise counsel.

"One wolf is evil and destructive and hurtful," he continued. "The other wolf is good and kind and caring."

The two young men waited for the elder sage to speak further and, when he didn't, one finally asked: "How do you know which of the two wolves inside us will grow to be the strongest?"

The old man was waiting for the question. He replied in a voice heavy with meaning: "Whichever one you feed the most."


Just another reminder to me that it is my choice what I become. It takes a concentrated effort to overcome what comes natural. If I feed myself the crude and perverse stuff of the world, that is what I will become. There is so much good to be had. I am trying to develop an appetite for what will make me stronger spiritually. I need to think on this. What do I need to change in my daily diet. What am I feeding myself? Food for thought. Both wolves are so cute here though. I think that's how it can be even more deceiving. The world is making bad look good, and good look bad. and just so you know, i didn't take the picture of the wolves. ha ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm...very interesting...i like this wise counsel from the old man. i think i will write this down in my little book of quotes, stories, etc... grazie. --nancy
ps i just had to take a quick sneak peak at your last post (polar express) and i had another good laugh!!! :)

Casey Lu said...

That is a great counsel going to add it to my book too. Thanks for sharing!!! BTW had tons of fun play Vball with you! I hope you will come again this Thursday and I saw you at Old Navy on Sat. but didn't get a chance to say HI.

Anonymous said...

i like that too! good reminder!

Kendra said...

Heather, this was just what I needed to hear. Thank you.