Saturday, April 28, 2007

Quote of the day

Jacob's favorite thing is for me to come and talk with him at night in his room. He completely opens up and tells me everything. He is so funny too. Tonight I come in and ask what they did while we were gone at the temple. He said that they watched Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and then proceeds to tell me how while he was watching he was overcome with the coziness of the house on the island of the misfit toys. How they had been traveling all day and than were so cozy in their little house with one bed. It makes me laugh again now even thinking of it. He is such a RENEER. Another thing that was cracking me up was he was telling me how when his friend came over and spent the night ==well first let me explain about this friend. He is 13 and 6 feet tall, eighth grade and such a great kid. Everyone likes him and he is totally into doing what is right, like Jacob. He and Jacob are always trying to help other kids who are struggling coming to church etc. anyway jacob said when he spent the night as they were going to sleep Jacob had his headphones on listening to scripture scouts, and his friend comes up and says can I listen too? and they both lay ed on the bed each with one earphone. I was cracking up. Here they are these big boys, but are so pure in heart. Jacob said they just have a gentle side. and are real men who aren't afraid to share their true feelings with the world around them. Ok back to the rudolph movie. One more funny comment jacob made was how the Santa is so mean in it. Watch it again you will see. Anyway, he is telling about how Santa came in and listened to the elves singing and had his face in his hands and commenting how bad it was. jacob's reply was, "I thought they sounded good." That's my boy. The funny thing is, I thought the same thing when I watched it. We really are two peas in a pod. Anyway, those are the two quotes for the day.

One last thing that is cool. As we were driving in the car today taking girls home. We had four spend the night last night. Yikes eight girls all hanging out. It was fun. Anyway, I look on the floor and their are school papers (big surprise ha). I see one that says there are auditions for a lion king musical, and the last try out date was in about 1o minutes. I couldn't believe it. It was close by. That is the hardest thing about living in a new area and not in the main city there isn't a children's theatre etc. Anyway, when we got home Dave said he would take Rachel and her friend to try out. IT ended up being a really cool experience. She had to read a part, dance, and sing for them. They loved her!!! they want her to be one of the main parts. We will see. What a fun opportunity for her! And most importantly, it is close by. I really am in the car way too much, and that is with carefully planned schedule and everything close by. Well, I have been rambling away. One last crazy thing. As we are driving to the temple the kids call and say that a huge wind storm came up and blew our ramada over the fence into the neighbors yard and even broke down a little of the wall. Crazy! We were so glad that no one was injured. Cheri our neighbor actually was in the backyard at the grill at the time and it came really close to hitting her. It really shook her up. Scary. Anyway, that's the latest. I can't have an entry without a picture so I will put one on of Rebecca's crazy hair day. She had it all up really cute for their fashion show the girls did. I need to do a blog entry on that. So cute. Anyway, this is what it looked like when she took it out. Too funny! Goodnight! I had cafe rio tonight and I am stuffed. But oh that pork barbacoa. yummmeee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rusie!!!! I always knew she had star potential!!!

Mandee said...

I love reading about your life... it's busier and crazier than mine. And that makes me feel better. ; )