Friday, April 06, 2007

Laughter-the cheapest medicine


Why is it so easy for kids to laugh and have fun? Oh yah... it's because they don't worry too much about the whole responsibility thing. I was known for my laughter all growing up. My church leaders called me giggles. I used to have to take about 10 pairs of underwear to a slumber party because I would laugh so hard the whole night and wet my pants a ridiculous amount of times (hopefully not more than 10). I have spent my whole life trying to not laugh too much. I was always worried about that scripture that talks about excess of laughter. I am always worried that I am too light minded. I love love love to laugh. So what is wrong with me lately? Nothing seems funny. The sitcoms are all crude, dirty bedrooms certainly don't make me want to smile and there is alot of that around here lately. I feel like I am running in circles trying to get everything done, and if I do decide to relax I feel guilty and nothing gets down. So where can I drum up some laughter? I think I am pulling myself away from people too much. Spending time with the people that I love makes me happy. I am worrying too much about getting things done, getting people places at the right time and not so much enjoying the people in my life. It is a hard balance. I can't throw off all responsibility. Then Dave is the only parent and I am one of the naughty kids (hee hee). I hope my joy isn't supposed to just be in watching my kids laugh now? All of my rambling tonight means two things. I need to go to bed and i am probably PMS-ing. I am sure my laughing will be in full swing again in a few days. OK three things, I also need to study my scriptures. I need to refill my bucket. Tomorrow I am going to enjoy my kids and laugh and laugh. Don't worry, I take pills now for the wetting my pants thing. ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i predict that if you don't post for about three days, and then watch the next post- it will be magically positive and full of how funny a dirty room is....it's called a cycle..