Wednesday, April 04, 2007

MY DREAM


It has always been my dream to have a large family and all of them play an instrument that would form a string quartet. We could all play together on Sunday evenings, enjoying the sweet harmonies. While the sound eminating from the scenes of this picture weren't exactly what I had in mind, the sight of it still warms my heart and makes me want my children to call me Marmee. So, the dream is still in the process, but it's a start. My friend (thanks Kendra) informed me of an incredibly inexpensive online instrument store. I was able to finally afford to buy a cello, viola, and violins in all sizes for my little ones. And by the way they are the cutest little things you have ever seen, and they sound pretty good. This way too, I can let the kids play and play without worrying that they will break an expensive instrument. the website is http://www.kkmusicstore.com so if you are like me and have always wanted to learn to play the cello (ooooh I love its rich deep sound) check it out. I also have decided to always be teaching violin to one student a month. I would like to teach an adult during the day, so it doesn't conflict with my kids need to have my 100% attention the moment they get home from school. So if you are interested, let me know.

6 comments:

Monique said...

ah just wait! Some day they'll all be above the age of 14 and playing beautifully in tune and harmonized carols at Christmas!!!

Syndi said...

That's gotta be crazy fun..Love It!

Anonymous said...

just looking at that pic gives me a headache...i gotta go get a soda..

Anonymous said...

alas, the von trapp family "players." where do you store all of those instruments??? looks fun!!!!! --nancy

Anonymous said...

you gotta watch the old disney movie Family Band- hysterical. are you hot yet?

rachie + kennedy said...

I like that it is mainly strings and then there is Rebecca playing the trumpet. Totally funny!!!!
Love ya