Friday, August 29, 2008

YEAH i am Done!!!!




I just loved his embroidered initials on his cuffs. So cool. i always love the details!

You finally see the grooms face! Nancy I think he looks like your dear Barry.


After this day, I was so in love with being in love. My anniversary was the next day and I called dave and said that what I wanted for my anniversary was for him to treat me like when we first met. To be so in love that he couldn't stand not being with me all the time, no matter what I was doing. For example, after spending all day with dave before we were married. I had a date with someone else in the evening. I was running late because I was so enjoying my time with him. Dave helped me get ready by making me dinner while I showered and got ready. What a guy! That was my last date with someone else. We absolutely could not be separated. Our grades were not the best that semester. Dave worked for the head of the chemical engineering department doing experiments for him (I was working at blockbuster video ha ha ha. What can I say opposites attract), and could go to the lab on campus anytime to do his work. I decided to go with him and study while he worked. Yah, that lasted like 5 minutes. I really don't know how I was able to leave him and go on a mission. So anyway, Dave gave me the gift I desired. He hung out by the pool with me all day and we just chilled while the kids served us, bringing us whatever we wanted. It was awesome. I even got Dave to do something that you won't believe! He almost wouldn't because he said I would put it on the blog. ha ha. So I have been true to my word. If you can guess it though......... maybe he will let me tell. So you better comment and take a guess. So anyway again, I think this whole taking wedding pictures is a good thing for our marriage. Dave and I have been inseparable ever since. I just can't get enough of that boy er man I mean. I finally feel lately that his love for me is starting to reach the same amount of love that I have for him. ha ha. When we were first married I would always say to him, "Is it wrong to love you so much." when I seemed to be very demanding of his affections. It became a joke. So despite the many many struggles of marriage you young and still single gals out there..... it is so so worth it. And if you are struggling right now in your marriage, hang in there. Again it is so so worth it. Make your marriage your top priority. Drop all activities that interfere with it being your top priority. Read books, take classes, go to counseling, make time to serve and love your spouse. I even ironed a white shirt lately for Dave as a sign of my true love and devotion. ha ha. I hadn't done that in 10 years, but I wanted to do something out of the ordinary. Funny that that is the kind of stuff that rekindles the fire, so to speak. ha ha. Again, Work Work Work. Marriage can be work, but the most rewarding work ever! A few good books to read together are first (a beginners handbook) "His needs her needs, how to have an affair proof marriage." Second, (for the more advanced) "Seven levels of Intimacy" and no it isn't about the "S" word. But speaking of the "S" word. A fabulous article that you can look up on LDS.org is and article by Brent Barlow from all the way back in 1987 entitled, "They Twain Shall Be One": Thoughts on intimacy in marriage. Excellent. I do have more recommendations if you need them. Like I said I have already gone through 15 years of this work we call marriage, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could if Dave weren't gone tonight at the father and son camp out. I am greatly cheered by an email I read tonight though. Sent by my twilight updater friend ms. amie. Apparently Stephanie meyer has a "lost manuscript" that she doesn't now want to finish. ha ha. I guess it has been spread around the web. So not wanting people to break a copyright law she has put up the rough draft 264 pages of the book that she was writing from Edward's point of few. Called something "sun" I can't remember. I instantly read the first 35 pages, so I think I will be taking my lap top to bed with me and cozy and read. goodnight.

7 comments:

katie said...

Wow! That is great insight. You have such an amazing way of saying things. Keep writing! You have a serious gift...maybe a book of heather's wisdom in the future with photos (of course!)?? Katie (gloria's friend)

Jaime said...

hmmmmm...if I had to guess I think you too had pedicures together!! Happy Anniversary you too!!

Teri said...

what a great post. as I looked at the pictures I instantly thought I wanna get married again!!! To the same man of course, but awe... congrats on you anniversary. we just celebrated number 9 and we are the happiest now than ever. yes because we did a lot of work! I never thought to have the kiddos serve us though ... good idea

Anonymous said...

i think i know what dave did for you...he wrote you a romantic ballad and then played it on his harpsichord for you.
ciao ciao!!!

Anonymous said...

they are a BEAUTIFUL couple!!!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, amazing, you should charge way more, etc. etc.

Melanie said...

those pictures turned out awesome! What great colors!!