Monday, August 11, 2008

happy kids make a happy mom

I found this note written on toilet paper in Rachel's bathroom. My kids make me laugh. I am glad they are happy and want to express it even while using the bathroom.
At 5:45 a.m. this morning was Jacob's first day of seminary. As soon as he got home he came straight into my room and woke me up, and I sleepily said, "have a great time at seminary.!" He was laughing so hard at me, duh mom, I am already home from seminary. what can I say, I had another late night. I am back to my evil ways. smile. Jacob could not stop talking about it all day. How much he enjoyed it. How Brother Nielsen is the best teacher. How he already had memorized a scripture and quoted John 14:15, "if ye love me keep my commandments." He was just so happy and full of the spirit all day. It was awesome!! He is supposed to read 15 minutes every day and said he was going to read in the evening but then he just couldn't wait and read for a half hour this afternoon. He came to me and said he wanted to buy another set of scriptures for himself at home so that he can mark them. He said he had a different feeling as he read about Jesus being baptized (they are studying the new testament this year). Of course, I happily told him that is the holy ghost letting you know that it is true. He told me he really wants to work on his testimony and really knowing. I can't tell you how happy and positive he was all day. He even wanted to help his sisters with their homework. YES! What did I do to deserve this kid? He has been one of the greatest joys and blessings of my life. My heart is so full, and I am very thankful for the seminary program. It is definitely worth the sacrifice to have Dave take him every morning. ha ha. It has been a happy day.

4 comments:

Teri said...

I love how you say its worth the sacrifice to have "Dave" take him!! funny :) and the toilet paper you should scrappbook it! too funny

Anonymous said...

how sweet! he is such a great kid! i hope his enthusiasm for seminary doesn't wear off. how come he has early morning seminary with all of the mormons in az? i always had realeased time and walked across the school for it????
ciao ciao...
ps do you know you forgot my birthday??? :)

Kendra said...

Your kids are so amazing and hilarious! I just love reading about them!

kirsti osborne said...

what an awesome guy