Monday, August 25, 2008

weekend happenings

Friday... Rachel is especially hormonal. This girl wants to hug Dave and I nonstop. As soon as I hear Dave open the door coming home from work I shout, "Run for your life!" He knows what I am saying and starts running, Rachel close on his heels. It is so funny. I thought teenagers are supposed to not like their parents and want to stay in their room listening to music. Not this girl, she needs lovins 24-7. Look at Dave's pained expression below, and Rachel's look of perfect contentment. We tease Rachel, but of course we wouldn't have it any other way. She is the perfect teenager...SHE LOVES US and WANTS TO BE with us. wonderful!
Saturday morning I hear a knock at the door, and open it to find these two. A lion and it's master I am thinking. Rebecca and her friend Rebecca (who is wearing my brownie vest from when I was 8. Too funny). All weekend we had at least ten girls in our house at all times. One had been there for four days straight! Her Dad finally had to come to the house to retrieve her. I swear we weren't holding her captive!Saturday 10 a.m... Lizzie is picked up by D.J. for a date with his wife Christine (oooooh the other girls were so jealous). She has been so excited for this. They made cookies, lunch, and watched a movie. Lizzie brought home some of the spoils but the girls mentioned above downed them in 2 minutes flat.

My low fat lunch Saturday afternoon. Pizza and a blended root beer float made by Dave. Delish! We seriously ate pizza every single meal this weekend. I think I might be sick thinking of it. We had people over Friday night and ate pizza. Leftovers for breakfast and lunch sat. Then At the last minute I decided to throw a birthday party for Jacob and called people sat. afternoon for a party (that included 8 pizzas of course) sat. night at 7pm. Guess what we ate Sunday? You guessed it. Leftover pizza. You are feeling sick now too huh?

The party was really fun. I couldn't believe how many could come at the last minute. I just called the kids from church.
Jacob won the cannonball contest.

happy birthday my Jakie. He is a few inches taller than me now!
Sunday morning happenings. Waiting to leave for church Lizzie demonstrates her early birthday gift ( I just couldn't wait!) A leap frog that I got recently at a garage sale! After church (eating leftover pizza of course) Jacob opens gifts from his sisters. Mostly joke gifts. Lizzie thought she was so funny. She wrapped up all of her underwear that was in her drawer to give to him. It was a problem sat. night after she took a shower and didn't have any underwear to put on. I had to unwrap the present a little and slide a pair out for her. What a nut!

kissable lips!
I finally finished cleaning out and organizing my office this weekend. It feels so awesome! This poster that Leah made was unfortunately an item that needed to go. So sad. I do love it, but I just can't keep it all. So we took pictures of it. I especially love the world with the little people surrounding it. I am so happy that my girls are so positive and optimistic about life. That makes me happy! I hope you love the world too! by the way...did you watch the Olympic closing ceremonies? It is so sad to have them end. I will really miss the visa commercials too. smile. The last one I saw last night said, "GO WORLD!" I add my voice to that cheer!
P.s. I am sorry to say that the other give aways that I had I gave to Emily when she picked up the magazines. I just showed her the rest of the stuff that I had and she wanted it all. So sorry. I am sure I will come across more items.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what??? no comments after all of those great pictures and funny things about your family? well, i LOVED hearing and seeing about your family, so thank you very much for sharing!!!
love, nancy

Amie said...

Cute...happy birthday to Jacob. He's so big! And I love the picture of DJ and Lizzie!

Jesika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jesika said...

Man, you had a BUSY weekend! And, that pizza looks yummy! I love the fact that Rachel loves her Dad and Mom so much! That's not very common now days! Jordin had a blast at Jacob's party! Lizzie is as adorable as ever! Rebecca is so cute dressing up! And, I love Leah's 'world' pic! Fun, Fun, Fun!! That's all that ever happens at your house! lol

Christine said...

We had so much fun with the Lizzard Lady! And the rest of the ladies will get dates too. Trying to tailor them to their likes. Leah's next!!!!