Wednesday, August 27, 2008

news from the bat cave.

I have been in the bat cave editing for the last few days. I only surfaced today to see Rebecca receive her student of the month award (Yah Rebecca Mary!). Ok I lied. I came out many times to get more death by chocolate ice-cream. It is the "light" version and is still so incredibly yummy. Which means now I need to go on a long walk with dave before I continue editing into the wee hours of the night.

Rebecca reminded me about 500 times to come to her assembly. Asking if I knew what time it was at etc. I assured her over and over I would be there and I could figure out what time it was at. So I finally get around to calling the school at 8:30a.m. to ask and they said that it starts at 8:30a.m. So I throw on clothes and grab my camera and made it in time. I am sure she was starting to get worried. I love this picture it is so perfectly her. She spots me and gives me her sweet happy smile. Oh, I love this girl (when she isn't bossing everyone around and answering for everyone. ha). Her happy little face is so scrumptious, no one can resist it!


Poor Dave, he has been coming home so tired. He is such a hard worker. He has been doing his regular reading for radiology and filling in for the squadron commander. Lots of meetings. He just plopped down on the floor when he got home (notice the clean floor in my office. Do you remember from a week or so ago the disaster?). He said the keys on his head were to relieve his headache. If you are wondering how Dave is doing healthwise... he is doing great. We have noticed that when he does aerobic exercise full out he is having some discomfort so he promised me he would go in for another stress test. We are really wondering what our future holds as far as job wise. Luckily (for us) he can't be deployed. He feels bad when the other doctors have to go and he doesn't have to take a turn. The down side is, it may keep us from getting to Europe. We have been saying we are going to move to Europe every move and it just never pans out. Kinda frustrating except we have absoulutely loved everywhere we have gone and felt that it was where we were supposed to be. Now we are wondering are we just staying here for a long time. Dave really is interested in the whole leadership side of the military but it may take him someplace really foreign like North Dakota. ha. Right now he has on record that we are ready to move, and only Europe locations chosen. So we don't know if they will just let us stay here until that happens or make us go somewhere else. We will see. As always, no matter what, it is an adventure. I will miss my pool something terrible though. I have grown quite attached to it. smile.

4 comments:

Christine said...

No moving to Europe! I can't afford the plan ticket to get my Ives fix. And you'd need a huge freezer for me to fill with all the cakes I'd have to bake while I was there to hold ya'll over until the next time! You just need to hit it big time in the photog world, buy a lovely little cottage in Northern Italy and run away a couple times a year!

Syndi said...

Good luck, I hate that waiting around feeling of where are we going next??? At least with Bill in the Cali guard now, he is doing all the deploying and we sit and wait..He is gearing up for another long deployment coming up, so I'm just holding my breath and hopeing we will all survive :)

cbo said...

Thanks for the fun chat the other day. We purchased the cello. I took it to the school orchestra teacher who helped me to feel more comfortable about the quality of the instrument. I appreciated your advice about the teacher. I think that sometimes I automatically assume the worst about people--mainly when they want money from me!
Have a great day!

Lindsay said...

Those two pictures are great! Hayden looks like a BabyGap model :) Can't wait to see the rest!!!