Wednesday, June 04, 2008

morning regimen

I told the kids that this summer they are going to workout every morning with me. To get them in the habit of exercising regularly, keep me motivated, and have fun together. First morning, a Jane Fonda tape. My favorite from the 80's. I did it in high school, had my mom tape record it for me on my mission (i had it memorized, and led the other sisters), and it helped get my baby weight off time and time again. I love this tape. The kids die laughing at what they are wearing on the tape so when I called them to come and workout, this is how they arrived. Total 80's attire. Jacob tried to copy the guy he is pointing to on the TV. He cut off a t-shirt, tied a sock around his head, put on Dave's air force PT shorts (that they always make fun of him in for being to short), and Rebecca's leg warmers. I actually think Rebecca looks really cute. smile. What fun kids I have. We had a total blast singing with "Leslie Lillian" on the tape "There's so much more, to you than meets the eye." Too funny. "this bone the pubic bone is curled up towards your navel." Jane Fonda says that like 50 times on the tape. We also like when she says, "pretend you are a scorpion curling up it's tail" (when we are doing buttock tucks).
If you don't have this tape I am sure you can find it at DI for a quarter. I think I like it more for nostalgic purposes though. But I swear, it really does work.

Jane has promised to have Jacob whipped into shape by the end of summer. Watch out ladies at Valley Vista high school. ha ha.

11 comments:

kirsti osborne said...

your kids are so much fun! this new one is going to have a lot to live up to. congratulations by the way! let's cross our fingers that kelly and nicole are next!

Christine said...

LOL - how I love those kids!!!!!

Teri said...

oh my gosh! so fun!!

Melanie said...

Your family is so much fun! To be a fly on the wall there sometimes!

Look how weird Jacob's foot looks in the last picture. Like some flat oar. Ha ha. Your kids are beautiful.
I got your baby a gift today - actually two because I couldn't pass it up and there was a boy one and a girl one so I got both. Ha ha. I can't wait!

Amie said...

lol, this is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

whoa jacob

Anonymous said...

too funny I can't wait to show Brady! Look at Leah in the pic- so her!

Anonymous said...

i was a jane fonda workout fan too - makes sense since we are exactly the same age. but i honestly can't believe that you can exercise like that when you are pregnant. wish i could.

Anonymous said...

oh, i would love to see the photo of you that looks like gracie.....our kids look quite a bit alike too (other than mia & noah :) ).

Anonymous said...

too funny! i totally remember working out (with you--how i dreaded it, but you made me) to this taped version at cosenza. however, i don't think it made my waistline any slimmer! too many italian sweets and pasta!!!! where are you in this photo? i wanted to see your leotard, leg warmers, and head/sweat band!!!

aShLeY said...

nice pictures jacob i never seen that side of u... never thought u had a side like that:)