Thursday, June 12, 2008

Here's a little sunshine for you.

this little girl lights up my life. I snapped this as I was out watching the kids swim and she plopped down on me and hugged my knees. I love her sweet soul. I wish you could have heard her sweet prayer tonight. I always want to tape record my kid's prayers, but that just doesn't seem right. ha. For some time she has been praying that our sins would be healthy. I tried to explain to her how that doesn't make sense. She explained what she means tonight. It was very clear in her thinking that you want to take the things that you do wrong and make them good things. She was using her little hands as she explained it to me. It was so cute. She always prays every time that her Aunt Kelly will have a baby. She always tells Heavenly Father that she is so happy that she was sent to such a loving and caring family. I know, melts my heart every time. Makes me cry even now to think of it. Every thing she says is so sincere and isn't something that she has heard us say before. She speaks from the heart. I just can't believe how strong these spirits are that are coming to earth. Kids can be so naughty, but really I feel like when I am mad at them it is usually me just being irritable, and not taking the time for them. That is always my prayer as a mom that I can treat them all day with the feelings I have for them when I hear them pray. It is so easy to forget in the moment and talk harshly or in irritation. All i can do I guess is keep praying, keep trying. That reminds me... I called Dave today at work and right as he picked up I was saying to Rebecca in frustration, "just stop talking!" Dave thought that shouldn't be the first thing that I say to a person when I call them. AHHHH. Tomorrow I will be perfect in everything I say, I am sure of it. smile. Seriously, I think I will try. I will report back tomorrow. I have a feeling this will be very humbling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Becca Mary said...

lizzie is so cute!!!!!!

Becca Mary said...

mom i got a blog

Britt said...

Heather- It's great to see someone else voicing their frustrations with their own inadequacies. I, too, believe I am irritable and easily annoyed by my children not necessarily because of what they are doing, but because I'm impatient, and selfish, and choosing to enforce the short version of discipline which doesn't require too much patience or an abundance of love, but rather an immediate point of the finger up the stairs and a threat to get up to their room in 4.3 seconds. I have also discovered the girls are usually unhappy because I've been mean and unruly towards them. Whoops. Anyway, love your thoughts and how well you express yourself.