Monday, April 21, 2008

weekend news & sneak peaks of Rachel's room

Look how old Lizzie is starting to look. This is her typical sat. morning look. A t-shirt, unkempt hair that twists on its own into long curls. She is all about this calendar right now and marking off each day. And like everything she owns that can be written on it says, "I love mom." She seriously writes that on everything. Makes me love her all the more. She is the most scrumptious treat on a saturday morning to cozy and snuggle.
Yes, Leah lost her second front tooth this weekend. As you can see she is very proud.

a glimpse of a part of Rachel's room. Don't you love those old suitcases.


on her dresser. The photo is one that I took in college of my roommate who was a dance major.



I have had this idea for awhile. It hangs on the wall where Rachel will see it everyday. It is a message I want her to remember as the oldest daughter. THat her sisters are always watching her and what she does. That her example is so important, and they truly will go where she leads. She is a natural leader. How awesome to have her as the oldest girl. The picture is one that tara whitney took of us in Laguna. Lizzie is following her.
My weekend included running kids around. Rebecca has already moved up to a harder horse named Dusty. He is huge. She looked so dang cute riding up on him. Her teacher said she did the best of any of her students ever their first time on Dusty. Her teacher loves her and will stretch her lesson with her whenever possible. She says she is a natural, and just loves it. She really does glow when she is around horses and riding them. I plan on taking alot of pictures of her at her lessons and putting them in the frames all around her room.
Jacob was out with the scouts on an overnighter, Dave was out riding jeeps with the 16-18 year old boys. Rebecca also had a girls activity at church. Rachel was off playing with friends, Leah had a much anticipated birthday party. I asked her on the way over, "what she was going to obsess about now that the party is over?" Her reply, "you'll see." I was also laughing when she shouted out, "Look! A CARNIVAL!" (she meant convertible) It took us awhile to figure that one out! I spent time in the hot tub with Lizzie playing truth or dare. She asked many interesting questions, because of course I wasn't interested in having to get out of the hottub to do the dares. The best part of the day was going to the temple in the evening with DAve. Simply Heavenly. Afterwards we went to one of my new favorite restaraunts OREGANOs. Absolutely everything you order is divine. I love that they have old movies playing at the bar. I was the only one laughing out loud at the REd Skelton show. I so wish that humor that is clean and goofy was still in vogue. Anyway, as always church on sunday gets me so happy. We always have such uplifting messages given that get me pumped to be a better person. Here's to a new week of living life to the max, following my dreams on a daily basis, and loving with all my heart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S "SKELTON" NOT SKELETON,
SILLY!!!

heather said...

changed it dad.

Anonymous said...

oh heather, it's so good to hear from you again. i've missed you not writing regularly on your blog. also, loved all the amazing photos you take. LOVED the "where you go, i will follow," and you took that picture of the ballerina shoes? amazing! loved rachel's room. wish their were more so i could see the whole room. can't believe rebecca's toothless smile! too cute! have a great week!
--nancy
ps that is funny that you wrote red skeleton. my mom and dad loved him so we grew up watching his movies and comedy acts/silly faces, etc.. our favorite movie of his was, "three little words," with fred astaire.

Anonymous said...

oh i miss those girls!