Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I'm back...

(click on picture to enlarge)
...and exhausted. I seriously couldn't even sleep while in San Diego my brain was on overload with all of the new information. I couldn't stop thinking about all that I learned and how I was going to incorporate it into my style and what I do. All the new possibilities and ideas, oh so so exciting. The thing is (I realized all too quickly when I got home) that first and foremost I am a mom. Which I wouldn't have any other way! There is nothing better. So I may have to sit on some of my ideas for awhile, and slowly bring new things into play. San Diego was incredible. We stayed at the surfer hotel on mission beach. Awesome view, and just to listen to the waves as you lay in bed. Oh so relaxing and wonderful. We would get up in the morning and walk along the boardwalk and pier with hot chocolate and eventually find a yummy place for breakfast. It really was heaven. A big Big thank you to those of you who helped watch our kids. Especially Christine and DJ. They stayed the weekend here. She couldn't believe the non stop action of 5 kids, but the non-stop love was so wonderful. That is what makes it so worth it. I am pretty sure that a person couldn't be more loved than I am. My kids tell me 1,ooo times a day. I especially love all their little notes. I have to share this one that Leah passed to me in church. so precious.

Leah has been cracking us up as usual with her mixed up words. Last night at the dinner table she was holding up her hand and moving her ring finger back and forth and saying, "look! I'm patriotic." None of us really got it. Than we realized she was meaning double jointed not patriotic. Of course than the jokes come and Dave has his hand raised high moving his finger like her and singing, "I'm proud to be an american where at least I can do this." and on and on. We were laughing so hard. Lizzie was obsessed with the word "mamacita" yesterday and must have said it 100 times. She loved to call me that yesterday. Today was half day and the kids have been swimming all afternoon. I felt like I was in Hawaii, the perfect temperature and slight cooling breeze. It was wonderful. I love that my kids all want to be together and hang out. I feel like it is vacation every day lately. We enjoy just being together playing games, working, having dinner, running errands, the library, swimming, whatever. These are definitely the best years of my life. So back to Photography..... things may be a changing in the next year. I may even offer studio style photography. We will see. All in time. Family first. I love this picture up above that I took in San Diego. We went down town and had kids to photograph. I love this kid. He was so relaxed. Look at him just throwing his head back and laughing. We were asking him about his older girlfriend. Too cute. I took hundreds of course. But i have to edit two other shoots before I get back to them. Sorry Walter family! Yours will be done in the next day or so. They are so fabulous and I can't wait to share.
p.s. Who do you think will be kicked off tonight on american idol? and oh that aussie last night. I asked Dave if he would sing like that to me. oooh baby.
p.p.s. wait until you hear all of dave's adventures while we were in san diego. Let's just say...only dave. more details later.

4 comments:

Christine said...

We had a blast! Rounds of love then rounds of tears then rounds of love again. Dancing, swiming, cooking, shopping, movies and 100's of "butter makes it all better". Though by Sunday night we were getting lots of "you sound just like my mom/dad." LoL I think they had a slightly different view of us by the end. But at Sunday scripture study we went round the table and each said one thing we were thankful for and we got a couple of "we're thankful for you guys." -Smile-

Anonymous said...

glad you are back!!! --ndn

Melanie said...

Wow! The lighting in that picture is incredible! I love it. The burn around the edges looks great too. Looks like you learned a lot. good job.

Anonymous said...

Finally! Every day I have been checking to hear about it!!! 3 more days! Tell the kids to clean their rooms so we can get down to business decorating!