Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm back!

(Gloria recovering the 2 dollar chair that I got from the thrift store. )

I realize it has been quite some time. I feel like I have lived another year in the past few weeks I have been doing so much. All fun of course. Also, my internet has not been working, which is very annoying. These are my excuses for not posting lately. My sister Gloria was here last week and I am just now recovering. She worked me so hard. I flew her out to help me finish up decorating the upstairs. We reorganized and decorated four rooms and 2 bathrooms, and they look incredible I might add. We were working from morning till late at night, that is if you call shopping working. Which of course I do. ha. My feet were killing me. We went to


Ikea-twice


Ross-twice


TJMAXX (oooh I love that place. It is like Disneyland for me.)


Target (at least twice)


Walmart


Lowes-twice


Michaels


Kohls (twice)


Hobby Lobby


Costco


JoAnn's


About 10 other furniture stores


JcPenny


Ok you have to admit, even for a seasoned shopper like me that is a bit much! Gloria would not let me rest! In between shopping trips we were cleaning, recovering chairs, power sanding, painting,putting together furniture, hanging curtains, pictures, frames, etc. So are you ready to see the results of our labor? Can you stand the suspense?!


Remember Gloria recovering that chair? There it is, so cute! I love love her idea for a bulletin board over the desk. We looked and looked, and couldn't find something already done that we liked. While we were in Ross the morning of the day she left she saw a metal fireplace cover (why can't i remember what they are called? ugh) . She had the great idea of ripping off one of it's legs (that helped it stand upright) and spray painting it. It is metal so Rebecca can use magnets to hang things. So, there we go again back to lowes for some spray paint and she is frantically out on my lawn painting at the last minute. She is a wild woman. We had to put it up a little bit wet before we left for the airport. Doesn't it look so cool. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is alot bigger than it looks here. On the desk Gloria left this big book about horses for Rebecca's upcoming birthday, with the sweetest inscription. What a great Aunt. Anyway, I don't have time to put all the picture of all the rooms. this is just a little taste. The next two down below are from Leah and Lizzie's room. I just need to add our own pictures to all the frames we put up.So yummy huh? I am going to have printed up in those stickers that you can put on the wall and it looks like paint the poem.....

"I am a child of royal birth. My Father is king of heaven and earth. My spirit was born in the courts on high. A child beloved, a princess am I."

That is one of my favorite poems and will go perfect with their princess themed room ( you can't see those details on the bedspread). It will look perfect on the side wall. You'll see.

Enough for now. I have three photo shoots to edit. and no, you can't borrow Gloria. there are some things a girl can't share. I am so lucky that I have such amazing sisters!! p.s. Gloria I love and miss you so much. I have been so sad since you left (and not nearly as motivated ha ha).

9 comments:

Amie said...

wowie, you have been hard at work! They look great! I love the fireplace cover thing!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that room! the colors are awesome.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that room! the colors are awesome.

Anonymous said...

igualmente! i wake up every day so sad that there aren't cozy girls starting my day!

Anonymous said...

more pictures, please! what color are the walls of the room with the desk, chair, and wall hanging? so pretty! what room is that with the chair and the amazing photo/frame/collage? LOVE IT!!! i won't be too jealous of gloria since i too have amazingly talented sisters who love to spend money that isn't theirs!!! when are you guys moving? i thought it was soon?... i am glad that you and gloria and family had a fun time together! --ndn

Anonymous said...

We WILL find a way to borrow Gloria. We are determined! Even if we have to move next to her :)

LOVE the rooms. My girls were freaking out at the photos and called me over to the computer. Lexi now wants to become an interior decorator - the photos are that inspiring.

Natalie said...

beautiful! gorgeous! you and gloria are more than welcome to come invade my home and take over!!! :)

hilary said...

so cute!!! i want to see more pictures!

Leslie said...

oh my, seriously darling. So does this mean you are not planning to move halfway around the earth anytime soon? i need to come visit you sometime. can i?