Sunday, October 28, 2007

FIRST DANCE

Rachel was more than a little excited for her first school dance. She invited two friends over after school to get ready together. They were ready for hours. Had a little dance to present their costumes to me, and kept re applying make-up. That is the real reason they wanted to dress up for the dance (you didn't have to) so they had an excuse to wear make-up. Dave was dying and was pretty sure that Rachel was too young for this as he watched them strut around. You know that feeling when you are starting to really "FEEL" things and are wanting to make the jump to young woman from little girl. You feel different and it is scary and exciting (depending on the day). So here they are Rachel the genie.Erika the Harajuko girl. Is that how you spell it Glor? and Cassidy the phantom.
this picture cracks me up. The girls are in heaven and Jacob is just waiting to go to the dance saying, "just get in the car." too funny. The girls had such big plans of the boys wanting to talk to them. Rachel reported disappointingly afterward that they just hovered. I knew that would be the case. That is why I let her go. ha.oh the excitement as we pulled up and all the kids were milling about outside waiting to get in. Oh the greeting, and giggling that was going on.

of course the little girls were taking it all in from the confines of the car! Pretty exciting
Now to run home and get ready for the trunk or treat. I only took a few pictures at the trunk or treat. I realized I didn't even get pictures of my kids. But here are a few that I loved.Amie as Pam from the office. Love it! Sydney as Paris Hilton.

and everyone's favorite sith lord.. Matthew. At least I think that is Matthew. Who I love because he is always excited to see me and calls me by my first and last name always.

2 comments:

Amie said...

what fun about the dance! So fun for Rachel. Doncha totally remember those days?

Anonymous said...

harajuku