Thursday, October 02, 2008

so happy!


All went well today. They went back in and everything looked good. No more work needed to be done. He gets to come home tomorrow morning! Yeah! I can't wait to get him home and all clean. He hasn't been able to bathe and he went straight from playing football to the hospital. So you can imagine. But believe me, he wasn't the stinkiest thing in the ICU. It was brutal, but I won't go into that. Back to DAve. You could see the relief on his face tonight. He said last night was one of the worst in his life. He was sick all night with a migraine that morphine didn't even help. It finally went away after his procedure at 4pm. Gee, do you think it was from stress? So we snuggled up on his bed and watched the debate. I enjoyed it. I thought they both did a good job, but my views are definitely more in line with the Republicans. Than, off I went to get the kids. Thank you to all of my dear friends who have helped our family. This past sunday I noticed at church that so many commented about how amazing the people in our ward are. How loving and giving they are, and have been when they have needed help. I was agreeing with all of them in my mind. This led me to think about the people in all of the places we have lived and the many different congregations we have been in. I realized that everywhere we have lived the people were all incredible and amazing too. Than it hit me the reason why. They all have something in common and that is they have chosen to follow Jesus Christ. To make him a part of their life. To try to be like him. They have all covenanted with our Heavenly Father to keep his commandments, to love and serve others, and in return they are given so much. The best thing being the gift of the Holy Ghost. When you live to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion you really stand out in a crowd. I think you shine! I think you radiate peace, confidence in God (faith), and joy. What could be better than to be surrounded with people like that?! And guess what? Wherever we go, we are instantly surrounded by a community of people that love Jesus Christ and show their love for him by loving and serving others. We were the beneficiary of this love in large abundance this week. I came home last night to a friend doing my dishes, and the best homemade bread and jam. Tonight I picked up my kids from four different families who loved and cared for them. I came home with a box full of perfectly ripe peaches (which I think I will make homemade peach ice- cream for dave with) and a meal in my fridge (who did that? and how did you get in my house? ha ha). Plus, so many more people offering to do anything to help. So much support and love. Thank you thank you. It is a joyful experience to be served by others as well as to serve. So if you are feeling sad or down.... either do something for someone else or let someone help you! Either way your heart will swell with gratitude and love. and that is a very good thing. Well, off to bed. It is killing me to have to get up at five a.m. to get Jacob up for seminary and take him. Another reason to be thankful that Dave will be home soon. I will gladly pass that duty back to him. smile. Goodnight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that makes me so happy. when we were praying last night, i was asking what we could do to help and i got the clear impression to not worry, your ward is on it. i'm so glad, we wish we were there to lend grant's comedic skillz and my dinner making skillz and cate's bow staff skillz.

Monique said...

what a great post! I was recently released from compassionate service leader and it always impressed me how willing most members are to do something "extra"

Good luck with your hubs!

Anonymous said...

i am glad that people are taking care of you because you are always taking care of others. hope you have a nice and cosi cosi weekend watching conference and being together again!
ciao ciao!
xo

Jesika said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well......and, I'm happy you can smile!!

Anonymous said...

yay davey! see ya soon so we can play pool and ping pong and dave can teach dallen more amazing scientific skills!

JENN said...

GLAD TO HEAR DAVE IS COMING HOME. WHAT A RELIEF! LET US KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOUR FAMILY. ENJOY SOME PEACE DURING CONFERENCE.

Leslie said...

It's Dave's own fault. If he wasn't so darn cool and totally awesome at everything he does, then he would have some other rinky dink trial to deal with. I just can't believe that he has to deal with such pain. How scary. I am so proud of him for not driving himself to the hospital. What a good man to keep his promise to you. Hope his recovery goes well and that you enjoyed conference. Oh, my heart just goes out to you. I hope you can feel my love!