Tuesday, October 21, 2008

funny faces. funny stories.




On sunday we had our hometeachers over and in the middle of the lesson Leah asked the 17 year old boy and his father when a boy starts his period. Dave replied, "boys aren't very good at punctuation, and Leah you aren't allowed to ask anymore questions." I couldn't stop laughing.

Rachel is having some problems lately with pushing, kicking, hitting, pinching whatever person is near her when she is annoyed. I told her she needed to go and write me a paper on how she was going to stop this. I received this e-mail promptly.

Mom, I would like to start this paper to you by saying I am truly sorry. I know I cannot say it is a reflex for the rest of my life and I am trying to change for real from this day on.
I have a problem with hurting people and I think I will be able to stop by going to sleep earlier, drink a magic potion to not have hormones, and have lots and lots of alone time. Also if I don’t get myself into bad situations then I won’t get mad at everyone and go ballistic. I think I am nocturnal so I will flip my schedule so I can do things at night when I am the most happy. Or possibly I can control myself. But the real problem with me is every time I am with Leah I just freak out and get all mad! She always has some annoying thing to say to me to really grrrrr me ya know?!!!! I really just need to practice not hurting people and choosing to love over attacking!
I could also maybe just whenever I get the urge to hurt someone or something I can just hold back and maybe I can have a punching bag and I will just punch that a lot then not want to punch or kick because I will hurt so bad from getting bruises from trying but not succeeding. All I am trying to say is that I am sorry and will really, really try to do a lot better! (And I love you!)
Sincerely, Rachel Ives

As I was yet again frustrated by something I couldn't do on the computer, I sighed and said, "Oh Lizzie, my life is difficult." She replied, "so is mine, I have to clean my room!"


This evening has been filled with non stop hugs from Jacob as he finally saved his money and got a cell phone. Rebecca took advantage of his mood as well. She is always trying to get Jacob to hug and kiss her on the cheek and dance with her. He obliged her tonight. We gave Jacob a million rules for the cell phone usage and as usual he happily accepted any instruction we gave him happily. TEENAGERS LISTEN UP! If you want your parents to be putty in your hands all you have to do is obey, and be respectful. Just give it a try for a week! You can add in some compliments too. Jacob walked up from behind me at church and said, "oh, I didn't know that was you mom, you look so good." Totally working me, but I'll take it! I guess he could be being truthful since I rarely get done up except for church. He would kn0w me from a mile away in my robe or pajamas. ha.

6 comments:

My name is Lexi said...

I feel for Rachel's hormones
and i feel for jaob's happiness of finally getting a phone

Heather S :o) said...

OOO what kind of phone did he get? :D

Bennions said...

Your kids have a lot of personality. How fun to hear the way they view the world. Tif

Anonymous said...

that's true, because your whole neighborhood recognized me as you when i was in your robe and pajamas. ha.

grant and i are laughing at rachel's letter.

Mandee said...

I am laughing at the period question... peeing my pants. Your kids are so funny!

Leslie said...

Sooooo funny! all of it!