Monday, October 20, 2008

Sedona-or red rock country (as dave liked to say over and over)


Here we are driving into sedona Friday afternoon. We were too tired to be that impressed. We headed straight to the pool to relax and recover.


Of course, one of my favorite things on a trip is a yummy breakfast. The weather was incredible. We just wanted to sit there all day (still tired, I guess.)But we had a great adventure ahead. A helicopter trip, which is the best way to go when you only have a short time, and are too tired to hike. ha. Are you ready for the view? It was amazing!!







On our flight we were shown many native american ruins. How would you like a condo like this? I'm thinking that is a long climb to get back home to bed at night. Can you see the hieroglyphs?



Back on the ground we drove on over to red rock park.




Where we hiked (slowly walked) along the creek there.
WE realized that we didn't have a backpack so we searched the back of the car (that is never cleaned out) and found one of the girl's bags that they carry their coloring stuff to church in. I thought Dave looked rather styling with it. ha.
red rock country man. ha ha
On our way back to the big city we stopped by at Montezuma's castle. Incredible indian ruins.
Last but not least, we visited one of my favorite national parks. The outlet mall. I finally went to Naartjie (pronounced Narchie). It is a children's store that Natalie K. and Jenn W. kept telling me about. I was overcome and had to leave before I bought the whole store. If you want to have a photo shoot and can't think of outfits to wear, go here. Layered, colorful, comfy,and cute. I loved all the hats, scarves and tights too. Also, Dave had to drag me out of the Gymboree outlet. I have never seen one, and it was amazing. I was thinking I could just buy a doll to dress and carry around. Instead, I bought the cutest stuff for Summer H's baby.

Did you like my new bigger and better pictures? Finally figured it out (or rather dave did). I love that man more each day.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

i like your bigger pictures but it takes longer for them to show up...maybe it is just my computer??? sedona looks gorgeous. glad you had a fun trip!
ciao!

Leslie said...

Don't make me jealous. It is so pretty there and I am glad you got to see it in a helicopter. Very cool. Ahhh shopping, one of my favorite pasttimes. Let's go shopping together someday.

Bennions said...

Wow beautiful pictures. That castle in the side of the mountain was something else. Tif

Melanie said...

You could sell any of those pictures for post cards! Amazing.

My name is Lexi said...

i love your new blog layout

Anonymous said...

wow, it really is pretty there. who knew? haha

ABlack said...

Those pictures are amazing! Did you guys do slide rock? Great place to cliff dive if you are feeling really adventurous.(I've never done but it looks cool) =)

Anonymous said...

WHAT RECESSION??

heather said...

oh hello father, you finally comment.

Amie said...

The sedona pictures are amazing! (and yeah, they do take longer to load). Ahlena asked about Slide Rock. It is home to Danny's original wedding band. One of his many over the years...