Monday, March 10, 2008

Realizing a Dream!

Rebecca loves horses. It is her biggest compliment to say that she loves you more than horses. Riding a horse is top on her list of things to do any day or any time. Well, recently we found a place that they give lessons right by our house. These pictures are from her first lesson. Look at the joy on her face. She absolutely couldn't be happier. Owning horses and riding them all the time is her life ambition ( and being a MOM & veterinarian). Her second lesson was just this past saturday morning. I wish I brought my camera. She looked so cute. Her teacher is so excited about her. She says she is a natural and alot in part because she has such strength and balance from doing ballet. She had to ride around up out of the seat with her arms out in a T and feet flexed in the stirrups, just holding on with her legs. She did awesome. Her teacher asked if she could have longer lessons and that she would be trotting real soon. Rebecca was beside herself with joy! and I will add new enthusiasm to do well in ballet (so she can be better at horseback riding). It was the best day on Saturday, just spending time with each of my kids talking with them about their futures and what they love. Helping them to reach their goals and dreams makes me so so happy!!! Next I will share some on Jacob. But it will be awhile. We are off to Illinois to my sisters at 4am tomorrow morning. Yikes. I can't wait to re-explore Nauvoo. Jacob and RAchel get to go to the temple and do baptisms, how cool. I want to go and see liberty jail, and Adam- Ondi -Ahman, and teach my kids all about what is going to happen there. We are going right now because my sister's son Dallen is getting baptized and he really loves his Uncle Dave. He is a serious guy like him. He asked Dave to speak at his baptism. So cute. The kids can't wait to be with their cousins. fun fun. Lots to share when I get back I am sure. Happy Spring Break!


horses really are beautiful animals.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rebecca looks like a natural on that horse! how fun that she can take lessons and HOW FUN that you are going to IL for spring break. do you realize just how good you got it???? :) nancy