Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Goal Tomorrow

First the quote that inspired the goal.
"So many of us make a great fuss of matters of small consequence. We are so easily offended..... I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that will be wonderful."-Gordon B. Hinkley
I have a habit. I often react too quickly and make a fuss out of small matters. Not because I am so upset but because it is a habit, and I tend to be too dramatic. I need to stop that. I want my home to always be a peaceful happy place. Of course the kids blow me off when I act crazy. They know I am not really angry, just irritated, but it does rob us of that sweet feeling that exists when we all talk kindly and are patient. So that is tomorrows goal. Off to bed. I have a a goal to go to bed by 10:30 every night. I have so many fun pictures to share, but I have to take the time to edit them first and I need to finish a photo shoot first. Tomorrow I will do it because I will feel so rested from going to bed early. smile.

2 comments:

Jesika said...

This is a great goal for everyone! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

i love president hinckley's quotes. i too could work on the "not ever reacting" over small things. when milk or juice spills i have a certain scream that takes place and it creates a pure look of fear in my childrens' eyes! oh...so much to change.