Sunday, September 16, 2007

Gloria's continued...

OK here it is! The walkout basement. I told you it was cool. Gloria has great stories about every piece and where she found it, and how she altered it, or didn't. For instance, the couch she had reupholstered, and the guy she took it to actually worked for the company that made it in the 70's and he actually designed it. What a coincidence. I forgot to take a picture of the TV stand that she refinished, dang.



this is my niece Kennedy that is 2 weeks older than Rachel. She plays piano really well, I love her long fingers that she inherited from her dad. Glor's kids are really talented musically. Gloria was always felt like everyone in our family had musical talent (of the girls) but her. We all played instruments, and she never really had the opportunity. How cool that all of her kids are so gifted with music. I think that Heavenly Father knew her desires and granted them through her children. I think he loves us like that, if you ask me. Austin who is 16 is amazing on the piano, and plays the drums and is in the band too. Brady at 14 is the star in every musical in town and is requested by the college to be in their productions too. Kennedy plays the piano beautifully, sings and dances. The youngest are just starting on the piano and loving it. None of my kids loved it! I am hoping one of mine will like an instrument enough to have the discipline to practice.
I still have lots to share on my trip back there. I didn't do all the church history stuff (she lives right by nauvoo, carthage etc.) I did that on past trips. But tjmax sure had a great sale. ha ha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think Kennedy looks and moves a lot like Kelly- her hands look like Kelly's when she plays the piano. Maybe it's the gracefulness?

Anonymous said...

ps all these compliments will not distract me from the real issue...our family photos! iam so excited! (are you able to quote Hairspray yet? Name the John Travolta quote!)

Anonymous said...

wow!!! pretty impressive. maybe gloria can get het own tv show. however...even though i know furniture is cheap at the thrift store, isn't it expensive to have it reapolstered? it looks very chic and expensive--my favorite style!!! how nice that she took such great care of you. ain't sisters the best glady? did i tell you that my parents got all of the sisters (that is ten, mind you) tiffany bracelets (the heart ones) with "sisters" inscribed on them? i felt bad that it cost my parents so much for a silly sterling bracelet, but my mom said to enjoy it because everyone should have at least one thing from tiffanys in their lifetime. was your mom into decorating? i don't remember her doing that? didn't she collect trinkets and doodads? (i can't think of the word) funny how all of you are all decorators. thanks for sharing these fun photos! love, nancy

Trace Gibson said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog (I'm a friend of Kelly's from college/mission...I'm sure we've met at least once!). I'm in LOVE with the way this basement is decorated! The fabrics she used to reupholster, the lines of the chairs and couch, the ottoman...everything is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. P.S. you're so lucky to have a great sister who puts you up in a smashing house and spoils you...I want to do that for my sisters someday when we've got a permanent place and a few more greenbacks in the bank.

heather said...

i remember you trace! And kelly talks about you all the time. Thanks for commenting

Anonymous said...

ooo, gracefulness? i like that. glor your house looks amazing, i think i will be coming soon!