Thursday, September 20, 2007

Family going ons, quotes "N" such (as they say in the midwest)


Was reading my email tonight before bed, and I got one from Jacob (my son). How special is this! (It did have a smiley face by it).


How is it going mom thank you for all that you do. Even if I dont show my appresiation right away allways know that I am greatfull.


I think Jacob is just very very happy today as he was "asked out" by the girl he likes. The whole school was abuzz with the news when I picked the kids up. It was hysterical. Can you tell they go to a small school? My little boy is growing up. It's a happy sad thing. When we move I am so tempted to put all of my kids in the same grade so that I have them at home longer. They are growing up so fast.


Leah is the queen of phrases and big words that she says slightly wrong. It keeps us laughing. She is really liking to say, "In my defense...."


DAve called as the kids and I were driving home from school. Rachel had to talk to him and explained that she needed to do a biography of someone for school and since she thinks that he has had a fascinating( or did she say intriguing-i can't remember) life she wanted to do the biography on him. She set up interviews with him for Saturday and Sunday.


I think I will dream about photoshop tonight because I worked on it all morning and went to class tonight. You have no idea how huge this is for me! I am so not a computer person. I could never even play, or wanted to play video games growing up. I still have no idea how to work my cell phone, just because I don't care. So don't expect a text message from me anytime soon. I am clueless I tell you. So anyway, I am very proud of myself for stretching myself to learn computer programs "n" such. I make Dave tell me how proud he is of me all the time. Ha. All this to say..... I am sooo sooo grateful for all of your positive, and motivating compliments about my photography. It has taken me 20 years to get up the confidence to do this. It has been a life long dream for me. I took photography in highschool and started out majoring in photography in college and got A's- I just looked around my class and thought,"I'm not artsy fartsy like these people, I must not have what it takes." Lame, I know. It feels so good to finally go after this dream, and to see the response. I am on cloud nine. WHat exactly does that phrase mean? Does anyone know?

My "hopes to accomplish for tomorrow include... cleaning my house because Dave is finally coming home and editing the Kobel's pictures, do the Baron's photo shoot, and then hang with family, and cozy cozy all night. I really need to start driving around to find some new and interesting places to take pictures around here. Feel free to give me some suggestions.

3 comments:

Christine said...

"On cloud nine (a euphoric state). The phrase appears to be American. Originating from the U.S. Weather Bureau's rating of clouds. A cumulonimbus cloud is rated 9 often reaching 40,000 feet. In the 1950s a popular radio show "Johnny Dollar" in a recurring episode the hero was knocked unconscious and awoke on cloud nine."
Congats on reaching your dream!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Queen Creek has some cool spots for you! Let me know if you ever want to come out this way to explore... call me
Allison

Casey Lu said...

There is a really cutesy bed and breakfast in old town Peoria just diagonal from the City of Peoria municipal building. You definitely take wonderful photos! Just because you don't think your so "artsy fartsy" doesn't mean you don't have talent! I LOVE your work!