Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Best B&B ever!

The hardest thing about visiting family is I miss them so bad when I come home. For awhile I dream of living by them, and wishing they were here for a birthday party, or to go play tennis with, or watch a cozy movie with a treat. But then I eventually get caught in the busy life that is my reality. So the reason for this rambling on family is I just had the most wonderful visit with my sister Gloria and her family in Quincy, Illinois. We had so much fun! I was treated so special. I did some serious shopping, and best of all really bonded with my nephews and nieces. Again, a happy sad thing. Happy cause I love them so much, sad because now I miss them even more! So to show you what I mean I will give you a glimpse of my trip.

FIRST... the accommodations. They couldn't be finer. My sister is a gifted interior decorator. She isn't officially trained or do it for a living, just naturally amazing. Let me show you what I mean. The guest room










The R is for Rodenberg, my sister's last name. Every detail of her house is amazing.

I love these curtains.






After getting settled in my luxurious guest room my sister brings me in homemade lemonade made with splenda. Such treatment. wow







my beautiful view down to the pond in back and these gorgeous white flowers that matched the room. too perfect.





My first morning I was awakened to the smell of bacon and led out to the walk around porch that covers the back of the house to this table with my delicious breakfast waiting.






I had delightful company with my breakfast. Don't you love that shirt? (and it speaks the truth, ha ha)



You wonder how I ever came home don't ya. Although my girls do bring me breakfast in bed quite often. I am so spoiled. Next post I will show you the basement that my sister decorated using 60's furniture that she got from thrift stores and had reupholstered. It is so awesome.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Wow! Your sister's house is gorgeous. Is she taking reservations?

If you still need some help getting a picture in your title let me know. I can come show you how.

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Your sister's place looks wonderful! We go through Quincy sometimes on our way to Nauvoo, and I really like it there. She must be out in the country, though, since it's a pretty large town. There's also a Shopko there, which we had in Wisconsin where I grew up.

Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I hope you don't mind my lurking and occasional comment! I love to visit your blog and those of other sisters in the church. It's comforting to know that we are all striving to be the best we can be in the gospel. So inspiring. Especially your photography!

Anonymous said...

gosh, your pictures make ME want to visit there! haha- WE MISS YOU TOO!

Mandee said...

I want to visit Gloria... I love her guest room!