Tuesday, December 19, 2006

warm feelings











ok last night was the warmest christmas feeling I have had this season. Our family went to a nursing home (care facility) to carol, bring treats, and visit. We got lost and missed the caroling but enjoyed visiting so much. I got to see the kids at their best. They hugged, kissed, and talked to everyone. They were glowing and loved every minute of it. You can imagine the joy they brought to these sweet elderly people. They couldn't get enough hugs. They wanted to give something back and would dig in their purses and pull out crackers (from dinner) and coins. So cute. One lady told us about her cat snickers. Of course the girls oooohed and ahhhed and the lady invited us up to her room to meet snickers. She was so sweet. We enjoyed visiting with her. I felt like we were in the movie "Mr. Kroegers Christmas, totally). We are definitely going back often. Dave was quite the favorite as well. This one lady was so funny and would speak Lithuanian to him. He told her, you have to speak english, and she'd say, oh, o.k. We left in such good spirits. This is definitely a tradition we will continue every christmas, as well as through the year. LOVE IT! And so for the pictures from the shoot. here are some.....

3 comments:

kellymccaleb said...

oh my gosh, are these people going crazy?! these are so good

Anonymous said...

More great pics! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the nursing home! My three were a handful, but we had fun. I haven't done that since I was single; very neat FHE!

heather said...

I am laughing so hard because I wrote mr. kroeger's christmas..kroeger is a brand at the supermarket. It is Kruger.. that is so me. I always do that!