Saturday, December 23, 2006

Can't sleep thought I'd blog.


The whole house is quiet. Not a creature is stirring not even a mouse. Kids are still asleep by the tree. We stayed up super late watching a movie. See below. Couldn't sleep I have so many thoughts running through my mind. Good thoughts. I have to get them down somewhere. I am enjoying blogging so much, I can't believe it! My hip sisters Kelly and Nicole made me start one. i had never even heard of them. they set it all up and pushed me to make entries. They still get calls from me with my technical difficulties. For instance Kelly how do I highlight a person's name and blog within my post so people can just click on it and it takes them there. I need to know that. I started blogging to just communicate with my family. Since there are so many of us and we love to talk of course and know every funny detail of each others lives, and we don't live by each other which is so hard. We miss each others kids and we are getting busier and busier and can't just talk on the phone for hours and hours with each one. Also, I can share pictures with what is going on and i lovvveeee photography, it makes me so happy. I love to look at pictures over and over again. i am also a lover of journaling. I have journals starting back from 5th grade. The first one is in a hello kitty/little twin stars diary. love it. It has love notes in in from my first boyfriend. He asked if he could hold my hand on the bus. he was an older man a 6th grader. So FUN! I love on cjane's enjoy it blog (she is an incredible writer-thanks for the tip kel) she has the quote "We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection." I love that. That is why I love to journal and scrapbook. So ok I am not doing either for frequently anymore because I am so on the go. ENter BLOGGER. I can sit down at the computer. no mess. it is quick and jot down some thoughts and share my life. I really only planned on my family reading it and have almost stopped or put a password on so it would stay that way because not everyone may understand or get me like they do. For instance, I love to profess opinions that are not my own to get a rise or a laugh out of them. (ok so it is my fault that Rachel has been embarassing us since she was 2). I love that I can totally be myself without fear of judgement. I don't have to be careful about what I say. I love to be naughty in my own way sometimes. I 'm a tease ok. I love to be preachy to my family although I am getting much better at that don't you think guys. I mean being less so. Or at least now you get me, and realize that I don't think that I am any better. I just love you sooooo danggggg muchhhhhhhhhh! So anyway, i keep doing it and let it be out there because maybe just maybe it will bring a smile to someones face, make them laugh, lift them up, help them realize we are all in this crazy thing called life together and it is fun. Life is embarrassing, disappointing, discouraging, but also such a way awesome experience. Lots of ups and down, "the key is to enjoy the ride" a quote from President Hinkley the amazing prophet of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I will dig up the whole quote. Writing things down. Makes me realize how much I do enjoy all the little things in life. I wish I could have every good thought, idea, wish documented somewhere so I could enjoy it over and over. Like I wish I could always remember the conversations that I had with jacob when he was four years old. The feelings that I felt in so mannnyy manyy instances in life. Because when I read it again, it brings it all back and I can love that moment and feel the warmth of it over and over. ok so another thing you should know about me which you probably have already realized. I don't like to be bothered to be meticulous with my punctuation. At one time (this is so my husband) I asked Dave what I could do to better our relationship. His answer was work on my punctuation. That makes me so laugh. Can you see that I married my opposite. I couldn't even get in his brain on that one, I mean who caresss!!! opps that says carress instead of cares ha ha. I mean when does it ever affect him, how often do I write to him. I have to make him look at my blog occasionally. OH how I have come to love him more and more over the years. Marriage is a good thing. Rachel (who also is concerned about my punctuation) said in the car last night. You know one of those moments where it is out of the blue. 10 oclock at night and we are delivering our secret santa gift for the night that we forgot to do earlier (speaking of which I should do tonights right now) and she says. i am really scared. I listen. (i am getting alot better at that too) I am scared to get married because what if things go bad and we get divorced. She was scared she would marry the wrong person etc. I told her that all marriages are hard. The key is to just be willing to keep on working through all the hard problems. To communicate always and be working on it always. It is the most important thing!! Dad is not perfect (despite what Rachel thinks). She thinks the one perfect guy her Dad is already taken. How cute is that. I assured her that Dad is not perfect, I am. Ha ha. that is a serious joke. We have had to work really really hard and still do. We just make it look easy. ha ha. Yes choosing a good guy is so important. But Heavenly Father will help her through the Holy Ghost. The most important thing is so find someome who loves the Lord and wants to serve him by serving others his whole life, who wants a family, who is a hard worker, who is worthy to take her to the temple. Then it is a work in progress. I love Rachel. I love her heart. I love her spirit. "The force is strong with this one." (i love star wars too. hee hee) I was getting so crazy the other day the night and morning before picking up my dad from the airport. I felt so anxious with a house to get ready and so much more to do, and the kids are watching tv all relaxed and hanging out, and dave is playing pool with jacob. I had to go off. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO!! I NEED HELP!! I don't do that very often any more, but there it is. Everyone started moving and we got it all done, but not without some people getting a little upset with me. I have to share the letter that Rachel wrote me. I have to get her permission first this time. oh and you have to see the cutest idea for a christmas treat that our sweet friends had (you know who you are) . It said on it. Have a rootin tootin holiday. so cute. I love that we move often and I can copy these ideas and claim it as my own ha ha. Kelly, I also need to know how to move my pictures around. Like I want the one up top down here by where I wrote about it. OOOOOOHHH and I just found the link button but I don't know how to use it. Anyways, thanks for listening. I feel much better now. smile. Have a fun day full of all the holiday activities. We will be making goodies, wrapping presents, doing last minute shopping, looking at lights tonight, so fun. i love this time of year.

4 comments:

kellymccaleb said...

you have just made it to my daily reads list. maybe it's taking the blog world seriously that gets you on, i'm not sure- it's just a feeling. and now your are on. congratulations. haha

kellymccaleb said...

you have just made it to my daily reads list. maybe it's taking the blog world seriously that gets you on, i'm not sure- it's just a feeling. and now your are on. congratulations. haha

kellymccaleb said...

ps- i know, i'm telling you i hardly want to scrapbook ever again, because all my memory keeping is done much more effieciently on my blog. love it.

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't make your blog family-private! I enjoy reading it. I'm glad you've gotten into it. I'm right there with you. It's great to be journaling again. I did it so well for so long and then stopped once I got married. That's when things that really matter begin! =) Merry Christmas and thanks for your sweet example.