Sunday, December 17, 2006

sunday night


Again, I have so many funny stories to tell that it will take too long tonight. but my favorite Leah comment for the day is her looking in the mirror in my bathroom while I am getting ready and looking inside her nostrils she comments. I am getting grown up, I have hair in my nostrils. Please don't make me explain that to you.
I have felt a little down about some things the past couple of days, and so tired and a bit overwhelmed. Heavenly Father so takes care of me. I said to myself today, " I just can't handle any negative comments coming my way today." All day long it has been nothing but people complimenting me and showing such great love and care for me. We had 3 people drop by goodies. One, I just found on the doorstep with a note from a girl that just moved into our ward and today was her first day, and wanted to thank me for making her feel so welcome and happy to be in our ward. It really touched my heart. I so love all the women in our ward. It brings me to tears everytime I think of them. I was in walmart yesterday in the self check line and didn't have enough money for all that I had. I had to not get some things that I needed for the kids lunches. The young mom behind me noticed this. She is in our ward and her husband is a student. that night Dave walks in and says why are these groceries on our porch? I couldn't believe it, it was the stuff I had to put in the to go back cart. It was purely out of the kindness of her heart. And darn her she won't let me give her money for it. there are so many scary things going on in the world, but so so so much good too. One person can make a huge difference and we really can have peace and joy everyday despite it all. More funny stories and pictures tomorrow. I am determined to get some sleep tonight. I also did another photo shoot that I need to put the pictures on for. So fun. Here is a teaser though............ Ashley Hartvigson. Isn't she a beauty, and she is only 12!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got the same goodies and thanks card from the new sister--wasn't that sweet of her? Our home teachers brought goodies too. I was able to decline everything and let my family enjoy. (trying not to balloon up this holiday!)

I'm proud of you for living with your budget! It's so hard to cut things sometimes. I wish money didn't exist sometimes. =p

Anonymous said...

Your photo shoots have been absolutely amazing lately! Have you ever considered doing it as a small part-time business and doing a shoot or two a week for pocket change? I bet you'd stay busy! You have such talent!

kellymccaleb said...

12?! she looks so old! very pretty!