Tuesday, September 16, 2008

LEah is 8!


I ask you, "is there anything better than this when you are in third grade?" To stand on your chair and have the whole class sing to you, and celebrate you! Especially when your mom (for the first time ever )made homemade cupcakes and brought them in to share with your class!

Leah was on cloud nine!

If you want to see what happiness looks like on Leah's face, check out these pictures. she has been non stop talking and obsessing about her birthday for months. I finally told her Friday, I don't want to hear you mention it again (knowing that the next morning we were surprising her). Saturday bright and early her friends show up at the door bearing gifts. Leah was speechless for the first time in her life. As I brought in all her party decorations and gifts she exclaimed, "I think I'm going to cry!" Which is truly what she does when she is really touched and genuinely feels loved. so sweet. Well, we had a big day planned. 12 hours of non-stop fun. Dave made a fun breakfast for all of them, and then we were off to the mall. Leah wanted a birthday just like her older sisters. They all brought their build a bear, and got to pick out an outfit at build a bear workshop. Then onto Claire's (aka girl heaven). They picked out matching friendship bracelets. We went over to Costco for treats and to get pizza to bring home. Once home it was swimming, watching the new barbie movie Diamond Princess. I really love the barbie movies! I like to watch them too! The first couple of times that is. ha. They got dressed in their jammies and pretended they were having a sleepover. Pillow fights included, and lots of treats. It pretty much was the best day ever for Leah.

Her friend Paige is in the background. My favorite quote from her during the party was hearing her tell the others that the next time she saw a guy smoking she was going to say, "don't monkey around with drugs, yo!" attitude included.Leah's favorite, very cozy shirts. Everything we buy her pretty much has to feel like pajamas or she won't wear it!
OK, I also love camp rock!Leah was obsessed with these fake nails that Devon gave her. Her wish when she blew out the candles was to have more fake nails. Not world peace, just some fake nails. Oh to be young and not have big worries or needs. smile.

My favorite from Devon was her telling everyone how she eavesdrops on her parents. Dave asked her what they talk about (pumping her for good info to tease her dad with). She said, love stuff. We tried to get more details, but you know, she is only eight. shame on us, I know.
To say the least I was exhausted trying to live up to all of Leah's expectations for her birthday. It was so very important to her. Luckily Lizzie is totally easy going. Her birthday is in 10 days. She isn't concerned.

4 comments:

Teri said...

thats so cute! awe so special. what a good mommy you are!!! We are crazy for birthdays. every year we say "your not having a big party this year, you had a big one last year" but then we cant resist!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my Leigh-Leigh! Wish I had been there. See ya soon for your baptism!

Christine said...

Seriously one of my favorite people on this planet. I get all warm when her face lights up! Happy birthday lady Leah =)

Amie said...

happy birthday to Leah!!