Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jacob's new look he's been working on...

Jacob went to his first church dance this past weekend, now that he is 14! I think I was more excited than him. I loved going to the church dances back in the day. I would try to lay out all day so I would be tan that night. I would get together with my friends to get ready for hours. You know to decide what to wear, do hair, and make-up just right. I spent many hours that day just envisioning the possibilities for the night. You know the dream, meeting and getting asked to dance by some cute guy that made your heart skip a beat. After the dance we would all go to Denny's or some place like that and hang out more and talk. Ahhhhh, those were the days. I told Jacob that I would go with him, show him some dance moves. He declined. He did let me take this hot picture above. So weird being on the boy side of things. He got ready in about five minutes, I asked him if he brushed his teeth as he got in the car (he hadn't) so he had to go back in to do that. I gave him some mints (because who wants to dance with a boy that has bad breath, gross). I shouted out instructions as he got back in the car to be respectful to the girls and to not dance really close, and NO KISSING! ha ha. I just can't believe how old he has gotten all of a sudden. I almost started crying today when I saw the hair on his toes. Gross, what happened to my sweet baby boy with his white hair and big blue eyes. When he was two and I would tuck him in bed after reading a book, he would say to me, "cozy me one time." in the sweetest little voice you have ever heard. I love this new man child, but I do miss my little boy that I would cozy with on the couch in pajamas watching pooh bear and singing, "foreeeevah, and evah, is a very long time....pooh. Forevah (the english accent you know) isn't long at all when I have you!" I can still get Jacob to sing it with me, but it isn't quite the same. ARen't I a sorry thing. I know I know, get over it, move on. I will definitely be one of those blubbering moms when he leaves on his mission. Time is just going to fast! Anyway, I am rambling, and I need to go to bed. And rest assured that Jacob only turned up his collar and wore the glasses for the picture as a joke. ha ha. And also rest assured Reneer family, lest you think I have fallen off of my high horse about movies, we only watch the edited version of Zoolander which is perfectly clean for family viewing (and so dang hysterical). EArth to Derek....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that they have dances to go to but it is so weird for me out here in QC it is all casual.. I always look at them and think really that casual is ok? Here they don't have a place to go afterwards, we are getting an IHOP soon so maybe... I specifically remeber getting ready with you and Denise at her house and alot of hair spary... we did have great hair back then...no straightner.. it was all about the curls and the bangs, ok I know I am showing my age. Jacob looks good! take care allison

Anonymous said...

jacob is 14???????

Toni said...

I don't know. The look still says "blue steel" to me. :) Either way, I don't think he'll have any problems getting the girls to dance with him.

G-rant said...

Just make sure he listens to his friend Billy Zane.

Natalie said...

I was looking at one of your posts from last year around this time, and it's really amazing how different Jacob looks! Craziness! I thought it was only that noticable when then were babies! :) We love Zoolander! Especially when they have the "walk-off". I have "Beat It" by MJ on my iPod now because it makes me laugh. :D

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, that Pooh song! Come sing it at my house, it gets an entirely different treatment.

Here's a link to that site I told you about in Nursery yesterday, about credit cards:

Secret History of the Credit Card

Anonymous said...

big man...i have those same dance memories. i still have dreams about not knowing where that week's dance is, and becky doesn't want to go....or I can't find my dress and I'm not ready in time. I still feel that urgency to get there and let the party start!

My name is Lexi said...

14 is a happy age