Thursday, July 24, 2008

why am I awake at 2 am?

Because I am insane that is why. Where does the time go when the house is all quiet. I play around with photoshop, read blogs, do the dishes, watch John Adams the mini series with Dave. Which by the way is so awesome, not done watching it. I love John Adams relationship with his wife. I love how he counsels with her, and cherishes her friendship. I love how gentle she is with him, patient while listening, and supportive. I can't believe how incredible and miraculous the forming of this nation is. These men were definitely led by God. The acting and cinematography is amazing. Word of warning though, When they start to tar and feather a man fast forward. I didn't realize there would be a naked man in the movie-yikes.
Just some randomness.
-I love avocado, tomatoe, and bean sprout sandwiches on wheat berry bread. You won't believe how good it is. Make sure you salt and pepper well.
-I am really in love with the soundtrack for the movie "Dan in Real Life." I really think it is genius. So unique, and matches the feel of the movie perfectly. I really love the movie too.
(come on sing with me, "Ruthie, pig face, Draper")
-I have strong cravings lately for chilie cheese fries and a rootbeer float blended from sonic. Rachel just introduced me to them this past week. I am so hungry right now, do you think they are open? and yes, I weigh more right now than I ever have except when pregnant. Now that is an accomplishment. Leah said tonight that when she lays down on my behind (her pillow of choice tonight during scriptures) that she was only laying on one side and it was still bigger than her head. Dave found that quite funny. See the kind of embarassing stories you can get out of me late at night.
-I am sad that my kids are getting older. I really miss Jacob being 4. He has always had such a pure heart. It kills me to see him having to deal with such ugliness from the world. I can't make his heart stay pure and perfect. I can't always protect him. That is the hard part of being a parent. Slowly transferring responsibility for his life from my shoulders to his. I don't know who it is more painful (or joyful) for- me or Jacob. That is way too deep and emotional of a subject to go into right now. I am going to bed.

3 comments:

Syndi said...

OMG, I watched the John Adams mini series w/ Jack and we loved it (not the tar and feathering) though. They got like 23 nods for the upcoming awards show, most out of any show. I know what you mean about the kids growing up to fast, I have recently been putting old pic's into photo albums and all I can say is WoW, time flys by so quickly..Got to eat them up while I still can :)

Lindsay said...

That picture is amazing! I want to see more!

Anonymous said...

great post in many ways. esp the jacob part. that is the amazing thing about motherhood...being able to feel good about how they take on the responsibility of their own lives. it's hard to realize that they have their own dreams, not the ones we dreamed for them. we had our chance at how we approached adulthood, and it's hard to stand back and hope we trained them right and gave them the tools to make their own, if different, decisions for their lives. SO HARD, and yet I find myself so proud of their accomplishments and the people they are becoming. you are doing great! keep going! don't forget that they came with their own personalities, and we can only teach them and love them, but we can't change them.