Sunday, July 27, 2008

I am doing so good.

I am doing so good on writing down everything that I spend and really trying not to spend at all to be honest. Usually when I get with my sisters and on vacation we love to shop! This can prove quite detrimental to my budget. i am happy to report that this time I shopped but at garage sales and thrift stores. This vintage (in brand new condition) Parcheesi game that became a highlight of our trip wherever we went is one such item I picked up in Tahoe at a garage sale for two dollars. I was very excited about the blockade that I made in the picture above and couldn't stop laughing about it (in my mischievous sisterly way). I am the two red pieces there together and I had all four of Kelly's players blocked behind me. I thought myself quite hysterical. My sisters thought I was quite annoying. ha ha. good times, huh sistas? Now for something to make my sisters so incredibly jealous. These shoes below. I found them at a thrift store in Florence, Oregon. They were only one dollar. Be still my heart! They fit perfectly and look new, and are from Italy and really old. Can you believe? Aren't you just so jealous! Of course Nicole, I have been wearing all the clothes you gave me with my thrift store finds. Oh and by the way you can click to enlarge the picture. ha ha. All of my sisters think they are so clever and funny (they kinda are, but that is beside the point). Nicole said that the name of my blog should be "click to enlarge" because I wrote it by pictures so much. Her thinking is duh, we all know that. My thinking is duh, some people are as computer illiterate as me!!!! So, I guess I am not allowed to write that anymore, and besides half of them don't ever enlarge. What is up with that? I haven't taken the time to figure that one out yet. And if anyone knows how to change the html in blogger to enlarge pictures really big will you please teach me?
(Kelly, do you like my ankles? ha ha. I almost was able to get my wrist in the picture too. ha)
My other favorite finds were a vintage scarf at a garage sale for twenty five cents. I actually wore it to church. Dave tried not to laugh at me. I can't help it if he has no fashion sense. ha. Also, i had to rip out of Nicole's hands the cutest wallet that was a dollar. She took pity on me, and gave in. In Rexburg, ID Kelly, Nicole and I garaged sale in our pajamas with huge sunglasses on and I had serious purple burns on my face because Nicole works at a skin place and convinced me to let her burn off some of my age spots. It hurt so bad, I seriously almost passed out. What we women do to look younger (and it was complimentary, so I didn't go over budget.) It is so nice to have such talented sisters. Gloria and I are constantly having to update because our younger sisters make us. So, one last thing. I found the sweetest baby blanket in Florence too. So Kelly and Nicole whoever has the first baby girl gets it! I love you my sisters and i miss you so much. Why don't we live closer to each other. Oh yah, because than we would drive each other crazy. ha ha.

7 comments:

Nicole Montgomery said...

i love you too! this post made me laugh so hard. miss you!

Nicole Montgomery said...

ps- those two red pawns blocking kelly's describe you perfectly... i was just thinking about you this morning for some reason and how you have little horns sticking up through your halo. ha. that's why we love you.

Anonymous said...

ditto. and i love the shoes except your ankles are too skinny. ha!

G-rant said...

WOW, those were some white white legs.

Anonymous said...

i think those used to be my great grandma's shoes...:) you do have hot legs and i am surprised they are not more tan since you have lovely colored skin. i especially think you have very pretty hands with your simple yet elegant wedding band--very italiano!!!! ciao ciao!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah,
i forgot to say that you can be a BEAST when playing a game with you. you are so competitive!!!!
--nunzia

Anonymous said...

i look so old! Remember when that gas station guy thought I was the mom of you 3! yikes