Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jakie is home!!!

Jacob has been in Tahoe for two weeks with my Dad. I picked him up from the airport last night and I swear he had grown a couple of inches more. We had so much fun talking and laughing all the way home and he made me stop at in-n-out. When we got home we cozied on his bed and talked and laughed some more. This morning, Jacob was up bright and early enjoying the love and attention of his sisters. He came in to wake Dave and I up and told me that they had cleaned up all of downstairs and were going swimming and to come and join in the fun. Dave got out there sooner than I did and what a happy sight to see out my bedroom window. Everyone playing and laughing outside. We spent all morning playing in the pool. Our best vacations as a family really are just in our backyard playing together. Dave and Jacob stole off later to golf together, and tonight's activity was a Brady Bunch marathon. Jacob just came down to say that he can't watch anymore because his DVD player overheated. ha ha. We were blissfully happy today. There wasn't even any arguing. You don't often get days like this, so my prayer tonight will definitely be one of gratitude. We are all together again, and all is well.

3 comments:

Teri said...

That does sound blissful! especially the no argueing part! oh and does he actually let you call him Jakie??? Craig is only 8 and he doesnt like when I call him craigy!! so cute!

Julie said...

I love the part about forcing you to go to In-N-Out!! I love the no arguing part too. What a day that would be in our house. You give me hope that brothers and sisters can learn to live together in peace.

Anonymous said...

if our family had THAT pool in our backyard i believe that all fighting would cease in this household!!! LUCKY!!!!
ciao, ciao!!!