Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sprinkles cupcakes.

Sprinkles cupcakes is open and ready for business. My friend Jen is the manager for the store that just opened in Scottsdale, so we just had to go down and check it out, and support her (it had nothing to do with the cupcakes. smile). It was different than what I pictured in my mind. Isn't the design of it very simple and cool. Very shi shi, or maybe it was just the people that were coming in. I really wanted to photograph them, they all looked straight out of a magazine, so beautifully put together. I forgot that you really can tell the difference between Target and designer clothing, seriously. The girls and I tried not to stare. Here I was feeling all great because I had gotten dressed for the day and had make-up on. I was seriously regretting not taking the time to find shoes that matched. ha ha. We really looked like ragamuffins. oh well. How I knew for sure that the store was in Scottsdale was because on the counter were tiny cupcakes for dogs that were each $2.50. When you are wealthy why do dogs become such a big deal? At the mall there they have dog cafes and dogs are sitting outside all the doors. We saw twin dogs in a stroller. Crack me up. We even saw a dog resort on our way home. It was like a Ritz Carlton. So our trip out into the big world was very exciting. In this cabinet were specialty items (no surprise a dog onsie that said sprinkles, hey that is a good name for a dog.) Those tubes are the mixes to take home and make. I am kicking myself for not buying one. Here is Jen showing us the back of the store where the magic happens. Trays and trays of cupcakes that melt in your mouth. Looks like heaven to me! We all chose one we want. Of course I got the red velvet, which is one of the best things I have ever tasted on earth!!!! Jen gave us a couple extra which I horded and ate myself and didn't even save one for Dave. Isn't that terrible?
So thanks Jen. You are a ROCKSTAR! how you have lost 35 pounds since working for them is beyond me. We love you!
p.s. if you happen be in Scottsdale and find yourself at the northeast corner of Scottsdale Dr. and camelback go try out these heavenly cupcakes (and please bring me one home too. smile)

No comments: