Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grantholomew










This is my brother in law (kelly's husband) Grant. I have been promising him that I will do a post all about him (he really needs alot of attention, ha). He seriously is one of the funniest people I know. He has tons of different personas that he is always playing that have their own voice and mannerisms. I really like his truck driver routine. (Hey grant, what is your handle by the way?). He specializes in weird sounds and likes to beat box. I love when he gets in the mood to dance (after watching so you think you can dance). We beg him to. He has his own unique jumps and moves that make us laugh until we cry. He first won our family over with his getting into character as a gorilla. He is so convincing it scares you. My mom once screamed and kicked him in the face. Luke Wilson is his style icon, as you can see above. So he just went through a long hair phase recently and seriously wore this headband exactly like this all the time. Just a couple of days ago he shaved it all off though. No more styling it to be vinny caprianni (or whatever you called yourself). So here are some pics from when we were in Tahoe with Grant, a day in the life if you will. First off a bike ride. Grant had to wear this big funny helmet that he got at a garage sale for 1 dollar the day before, and ride a bike that is way too small for him. Before we biked down to the river we biked to a garage sale down the street, where Grant found something he really wanted...This mini motorcycle. Of course he had to pull a jean jacket from off the rack at their garage sale and pose on the bike. pretty tough.
Than on to the river. I came around one corner behind Grant and this is how I found him. He totally biffed it. I am glad he went first. Good thing he had that helmet! ha
then he asked Jacob to play "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" instead of "horse". I can't remember who won, but this was one of the shots to bounce it down between your legs while you jumped of course and make it into the basket. Being the tease that he is he had all the little kids doing things for him, retrieving balls and the like and than saying they got a dollar for each time. They all had their running totals and were so excited that Uncle Grant was going to give them 52 dollars or 102 dollars etc.. Dallen and Leah (the two flanking him and you can tell they are pestering him about what amount they were up to) are our two serious ones in the family. They were really mad when they found out it wasn't for real, and Grant really didn't have any money to give. They decided to sue him and had kelly be the judge and hear the arguments. Leah insisted that if he didn't give her the money he would have to buy her a cell phone ( I know, that makes no sense). She just couldn't let it go. I can't remember what the final judgement was, but I think Grant just declared bankruptcy. ha. that night kelly sends him in to help me make dinner in the kitchen (in other words so he wouldn't be bothering her). He proceeded to do little helpful things like throw food at my knife as I was dicing things, so it would be diced too. He can be very tiresome sometimes. ha ha.

A few more random facts... He worked at outback steakhouse as a Waiter while going to school, and would always get the most tips because he is so entertaining. He would always have some weird name on his name tag. Grantholomew was one of them. What were your others Grant? He was always in the running for winner of the Halloween costume contest. One time he came in a full on 70's snow skiing outfit. Tight flared leggings and even unbuckled old ski boots. He clanked around all night. What are some of the others? Grant may have to do a guest post on my blog. He currently works for the city of Provo, UT where he spends all day entertaining all the old men that work there. They love him. In fact Grant is well loved wherever he goes. Not for his stylish ways, although people do love that too (especially his track jacket collection). Not for his sense of humor, although they love that too. And really not for his looks. ha ha. It is because he really has a good and kind heart and would do anything for you. He is really smart and a hard worker too. What is weird is that usually you marry your opposite, but Kelly married someone who is just as crazy as her. She says it is because no one else could handle them. They understand each other. Well, I am just glad he is my brother. My kids can't stop talking about him since we spent a week with them. We all keep imitating all the ways that he calls to their dog penny. Seriously he has 30 names for her and songs. So, we miss you grant and wish you lived nearer. Even Dave who doesn't like to be around anyone more than his computer gets all excited when he gets to hang out with you. He is so relaxed and happy when he gets to hang out with you. so was this post good enough? Are you happy? Are you feeling the love? Now I expect you to do a post about me. I know, I know you did do a post that had a picture of a lady with kids giving the bird that looks just like me after you learned that my kids can't read your blog because it isn't "G" rated. ha ha. My favorite thing you ever put on was this...... I think I will get a couple friends and do this for the next ward talent show. ha ha


8 comments:

G-rant said...

Yeah its okay I guess.

Anonymous said...

oh please. he is BEAMING.

Natalie said...

that was funny!

Amie said...

lol...what a funny guy.

Anonymous said...

move over jim carey....those pictures of grant making those faces is hilarious! also quite funny is grant posing with the jacket from the garage sale and on that little bike--helmet included! i can see why all of the children like him. i am sure he makes great entertainment!
ciao! ciao!

pakosta said...

he's hilarious!
and darn iT, why did he cut that hair, i LOVE It long like that! it looks great on hiM!
tara

Anonymous said...

so weard!!

Mandee said...

You are the nicest sister-in-law ever. Thanks for loving my goofy brother. He really is so-ooo funny and my kids love him, too! We all do.

On a different subject, I am so jealous of your Tahoe family reunions. They look like a great time!